Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Archive (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Where is this stockpile of weapons? - Feb 25th, 2010 (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14913)

Jamesvsthekraken 02-25-2010 09:52 PM

Where is this stockpile of weapons? - Feb 25th, 2010

1 Attachment(s)
Some think these mythical weapons don't even exist. Others think that they are cursed with a strong magic that makes them unstoppable - and whoever controls them rules the Caribbean. Fact or fable? No one will know until the weapons are discovered. Jolly Roger thinks they are real and has sent his minions to Padres on a QUEST to find them. You can aid them or stop them, depending on your loyalties.

If they are more than just the vain imaginings of grog-soaked townsfolk, then it's critical that all good Pirates do what they can to keep these weapons away from Jolly and those feckless EITC thugs. A word of warning however - Jolly Roger and Lord Beckett have spies everywhere - so mind yer steps, savvy?

Click the image to view the full version

Find Captain Ezekiel Rott near the Docks on Padres del Fuego to begin this New Quest! This Quest can only be played by Unlimited Access Members and your Pirates must have a Level 15 Overall Notoriety or higher.

Not an Unlimited Access member? Then upgrade your account to experience all the Caribbean has to offer, like access to bigger ships and better weapons!

Crestshot 02-26-2010 12:13 AM

This sounds like an awesome quest. But ugh, I wish I had unlimited.....

Dockwrecker The Privateer 02-26-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesvsthekraken (Post 198382)

This Quest can only be played by Unlimited Access Members and your Pirates must have a Level 15 Overall Notoriety or higher.

Well,that takes me out of jolly ole eligibility. :( I played Rott in the quest last time too,pity.Well ,Lawrence Dockwrecker only played it last time because he knew that everyone else doing it was going to trigger the Port Royal invasions anyway so he was stockpiling his gold,but I want to bluff Rott further....The French Navy could use some extra weapons....In that case I may get unlimited this month if i get the chance....unlikely, but things can sometimes surprise.

Rannulf 02-27-2010 12:45 AM

Don't get me wrong, I liked the quest. But, I was a little let down as to how quick it was completed. I hope it is just part one of more parts.

Sven Osymthe 02-27-2010 12:48 AM

The quest is short, but serves it's purpose. It's giving us more information about what is to come.

muffin pirate 02-27-2010 01:29 AM

what info does it give you?????

Angel Stormwalker 02-27-2010 01:42 AM

other than the eitc are already sailing out to an island called raven cove

Barkjon 02-27-2010 02:19 AM

Just finished the quest a few minutes ago...

It's pretty short, but gives fairly good rep. And also gives some good information about the weapons.

warriorpoets 02-27-2010 05:45 AM

Well, I'm loving this because, really, for the first time since the whole Roger/EITC story arc began, Roger has made a mistake. He's actually given the Pirates an advantage by allowing the pirates to know the location of the weapons and, by finding out about the treasure fleets, a chance for the pirates to slow Beckett down in his mission to get the weapons, plus a chance to locate Raven Cove, which could give us an advantage if we can get to the weapons ahead of Roger and Beckett.

The story be getting good, my friends!:pirate7:

Jeremiah Gungrim 02-27-2010 04:09 PM

That quest was probably the easiest I've ever done and the biggest dissapointment i've ever experienced sailing the seas. You never get to go to raven cove or get to see any of the weapons... :(

Well I guess I was expecting alot more info but I guess it will come in time.

Jamesvsthekraken 02-27-2010 04:35 PM

I'm guessing Raven Cove will be a new island (finally :) xD) the next new update on test.

ex8404 02-27-2010 08:35 PM

I thought the quest was a fun little diversion. It actually helped move the story along and set up some potentially cool things for the future. Yes, it was short but at least it was something...

Quote:

That quest was probably the easiest I've ever done and the biggest dissapointment i've ever experienced sailing the seas. You never get to go to raven cove or get to see any of the weapons...
Number one rule of POTCO:
Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed.

That especially goes for expecting anything that hasn't been discussed on the Test Server Forum...

Captain Whale 02-27-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorpoets (Post 198547)
Well, I'm loving this because, really, for the first time since the whole Roger/EITC story arc began, Roger has made a mistake. He's actually given the Pirates an advantage by allowing the pirates to know the location of the weapons and, by finding out about the treasure fleets, a chance for the pirates to slow Beckett down in his mission to get the weapons, plus a chance to locate Raven Cove, which could give us an advantage if we can get to the weapons ahead of Roger and Beckett.

The story be getting good, my friends!:pirate7:

Could not agree more me friend!! Looks like the villians are at odds with each other which is just where us pirates like them to be. P)

Captain Whale

Chris Ironhawk 03-12-2010 08:05 PM

It is crazy how at the end of this quest they send you out to kill an Ogre and then give you 1000 rep and 3000 gold. They need more quests like that

swordshot 03-12-2010 10:21 PM

O_o
i be getting there first MUHAHAH