Thread: Memories
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Trust me... don't
Mr. Skiperdoo's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'12 Award World Parrot Day Caption Contest Participant's Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Participant's Award Book Title Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 16

My Mood: Awkward
Mr. Skiperdoo is a pirate wannabe
Captain, this post made me remember the good times too, thank you.

I remember when I joined the game years ago, when a friend (who was actually a gold beta tester) prompted me to enter the world of POTCO. Sure, it ran excellently on my windows xp laptop, which is still alive to this day, right next to me office. The computer brings back memories to me as well, memories which I fear I may never have an opportunity to relive again. It's a strange sort of pain, juxtaposed with a warm sort of friendship which is accessible through means of similar interest. It's sometimes difficult to understand that everyone playing online is actually a real person! The difficulty is never becoming a sort of family, it's splitting up and treading your own path in real life.

So all those great friends I've had over the years: Blade, for being the Emerald Regiment's most beneficial leader, Slouyx, for being the least dramatic as possible and always keeping her cool, even when the times weren't, Captain Celtics, for always knowing what to do, Stealthy, for... well being stealthy, Mr. Shipsteel, for recruiting me into WJARR that fateful day, Tiberius (Davy) Fireskull, because first place means nothing if there's nobody to lose, (just kidding, he's awesome) TSC, for helping me ascend to master banmanship, and of course, you Del, the most passionate Guild Master I've ever had.

I remember the fun times of following you on Roleplaying runs, where we'd all get confused at where your stories were going . It's been a blast slashing through Del Fuego and waiting almost endlessly for everyone to arrive for the warehouse meetings. But as everything, it must come to a close, all I can say, is thank you.

~Skippy