View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Swabby
bpg2012's Primary Pirate Info

bpg2012 is scurvy dog
Post Cannon Defense Guide

First to make your strategy you need to know the ammo and there functions, cost and lv unlock.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
Ammo types

1. Round shot: Much like the round shot for normal cannons.
Does about 100 to 200 damage per hit.
Is completely free.
Unlocked at lv 1
Loads six shots at a time.
Available to everyone.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
2. Targeted Ammo: Automatically aims at ships and incoming barrels.
Does around 60 to 70 damage.
Costs 20 bank notes for 100 rounds.
Unlocked at lv 2
Available to everyone
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
3. Smoke Bomb: Slows down enemy ships.
Does no damage
Costs 50 bank notes for 50 rounds
Loads six rounds at a time.
Unlocked at lv 4
Available to everyone
4. Mine Ammo: Can be set in water as traps.
Does 900 to 960 damage.
Costs 100 bank notes for 50 rounds.
Unlocked at lv 5.
Available to everyone.
Hotshot ammo: Sets enemy ships on fire.

Costs 100 bank notes for 50 rounds
Unlocked at lv 7.
Loads three shots at a time.
Unlimited Access only.
Scatter Shot: Is much like grape shot in cannons scatters many cannon balls.
Does 100-150 per pellet hit.
Costs 125 bank notes for 50 rounds
Unlocked at lv 8.
Unlimited access only.
Powder Keg: Is a super powerful version of Mine Ammo.

Costs 500 bank notes for 9 rounds
Unlocked at lv 10
Loads 1 shot at a time
Unlimited access only.
Bullet Ammo: Shoots directly and goes through ship hulls.
400 to 500 damage.
Costs 200 bank notes for 50 rounds.
Unlocked at lv 11
Loads 3 shots at a time.
Unlimited Access only.
Cold Shot: Freezes patches of water to slow ships.
Does no damage.
Costs 200 bank notes for 50 rounds
Unlocked at lv 12
Unlimited Access Only
Explosive: Goes kablam!

Costs 500 for 9 rounds
Unlocked at lv 14.
Loads 1 round at a time.
Unlimited Access only.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
Bait shot: Summons a shark.
Instantly sinks a ship if you hit it.

Unlocked at lv 16.
Reloads six rounds at a time.
Unlimited Access only.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
Firestorm: Creates a firestorm hitting any ships near the main contact with the ship also causing after damage/afterburn.

Unlocked at lv 18.

Unlimited Access only.

That's all of the ammo types and there features etc
You gain additional Ammo slots at these lvs
lv 2
lv 6
lv 17.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
What the different colored sails mean:
Red sails mean light ships

Green sails mean normal ships.

Blue sails mean war ships

orange sails mean war ships with more health than normal.

An easy strategy:

At lv 2 don't buy targeted ammo unless you are having a lot of trouble aiming because targeted ammo does half of what round shot does and costs money when round shot is free. Save up for mine ammo.

At lv 4 Don't buy smoke bomb ammo unless you actually intend to use them if you don't just wait for mine ammo its a lot more helpful.

At lv 5 buy Mine ammo and shoot the mines in the water, they will float there and explode when hit by an enemy ships and take a large portion of their hull.
A trick I like to do is switch between mine and round shot because the ammo types load individually set out as many mines as possible and use round shot

This strategy will usually get you to at least round 12.

At lv 10 you should buy powder keg ammo but use it sparingly like when there are a lot of red and orange sails. (Powder kegs are like mine ammo but better.)

Feel free to post your own tips or tactics or if i forgot something tell me and I will correct it.

p.s on some of the ammo types I didn't have enough information to complete the details if you know them please tell me and i will add them.

Last edited by bpg2012; 07-16-2010 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: Ammo information update