View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 12:58 AM
Partners N Crime
Chalupa's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Klingon Award 2012 Design A Weapon Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Leap Year Award 2012 Pirate Resolution Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Design a Potion Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Lazy
Chalupa is scurvy dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Del View Post
I believe that having the ability to collect gold at such a quick rate through these kinds of quests, though curing some of our headaches, would only take away from the game in the long run.

Let's go with the scenario of making 5,000 every quest.

If you gave my guild and I a War Frigate and enough ammunition we would be able to take down twenty-five Navy war ships in roughly twenty minutes, give or take (though I'm confident if we had Will at the helm we could go far below that.) That means I would be making around 20,000 gold an hour when taking in to consideration cargo hulls, which quite frankly is an insane amount of gold. If I tried hard enough at this rate, I could have a baby pirate go from dirt poor to max gold in a week.

One of the best parts of this game, which is often viewed as the worst part, is the fact you need to work towards what you want to achieve in the game. If we gave everybody unlimited Jack's Brews and quests that gave 5,000 a pop, this game would tank faster than a Ferret going against the Victory Shark - because people would get done what they want to get done, and then be left standing around asking "Well, what's next?"

That's why I get extremely angry with pirates who rush to get the most out of an update, and then a week after it's released complain that they blew by it too quickly. You need to learn to take things not as a race, but instead you should get the most out of every update in a savoring, enjoyable pace.

If they had quests that gave around 1,000 upon completion, with the same standards as you suggested, I would find it much more reasonable.

This is a problem as well. Even if it costs you a teleport back and forth between a guildie, reaping in an extra 250 gold every 5 Thralls can build up to be a pretty ridiculous amount of gold. They should definitely increase the standards of these quests.

And please keep in mind as you read this this is coming from the mouth of a Guildmaster who has 65k gold and spends all of his money on costumes and disguises for his pirate.
And if the quest was a one time deal?