View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 11:01 PM
PnC For Life! 2 Years!
Pirate Guy's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award World Parrot Day Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pirate Resolution Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award 
Total Awards: 25

My Mood: Devious
Pirate Guy is a pirate wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen O'Malley View Post
I would suggest server hopping.

My personal rules are this: Get a skull every 15 minutes, hop servers if you don't get a skull every 15 minutes. Stay on a server for no more than an hour. If you get a famed or legendary weapon on one server, hop servers immediately (the odds of getting a second famed in the same server are very very low). If you're not taking down a boss, go to an area with 4+ enemies you can take down on a constant basis. (The South Grave and Treasure Room are prime examples).

If you play on busy hours and have trouble finding an area that isn't already occupied by looters, dare to loot in a more obscure place. The shipwreck area on Tormenta is an example.

Depending on who you talk to, some will say that it's good to limit yourself to 3-7 specific servers, however, I prefer to just go up or down the server list.

This can all greatly increase your chances, however, I would not get your hopes up. Null my break, I have been server hopping every other day for roughly 6 months; I have plenty of famed items, but no legendary items (except Freeze, but everyone just gets that from Foulberto nowadays). And then one of my smaller pirates got the Lost Sword within 30 minutes of training at Darkhart. It's just all about being at the right place at the right time, in my opinion anyways.
I have to disagree with this. I was looting at Southern Grave and got Bayou Dagger, Sharkfang blade, and Gorilla cutlass on the same server. Also just yesterday I got Coasairs Bayonet and Lucky Charm withing 10 minutes in the same server. Also one if not both of my Lost Swords came about 10 minutes after a famed.