View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Ben Ironmartin & Tobias
ruisen2000's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pirate's 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Patriot Pirate's 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Bored
ruisen2000 is a pirate wannabe
Some weapons are inefficient, and others play no role

As the title says, weapons should each be a little different from each other, not as in looks or attacks, but as in the usage. Right now, with all weapons being pretty much "rush into battle" types, some become useless, and others gets used 24/7.

Dolls:
I just find the heal and cure spell making no sense. Whats the point of having a 6k-9k cure, when pirates only have 3k LP? (heals are not split between players with most dolls that have healing boosts).

Also, the heal spell is just very inefficient, in my opinion. It has a very long cooldown, so if you need to heal someone else in a massive crowd, you have nothing left.
However, for a single target, 3k heals just restore their LP completely, and POTCO might as well give players infinite HP.

I think we should have heals as 2 second cooldown, and heals 400 HP (at max heal and doll)
Cure will heal 2500 HP (at max doll and cure), and with the same cooldown as now.

This lets players choose between giving instant heals to keep a large amount of people up, or if they have very low HP, hit a cure to get them up again.

This gets rid of the annoying "uh oh, my heals are all recharging, and this person over here is about to die"

Broadswordswords should boost the pirate's HP a little more. Being close to the enemy and often attracting tons of them, you often get more damage, compared to if you attack from far away. Also, they should do less damage then cutlass and sabre per enemy, since it can hit lots of enemies at once.

Throwing Knives: The throwing knife combo should also decrease enemy movement speed by about ~30%. Knives are meant to let players attack from far away, and they should do that.
Also, I find it funny when people throw knives at an enemy thats only 2 inches away. (since player movement is decreased when attacking, there wouldn't be any exploit of running around while slowing the enemy, so they never reach you)

Blunderbuss: Damage should be increased when you are closer to the enemy, and damage is decreased when you are farther away.

A similar thing should happen to pistols and repeaters. The further away you are, the less chance to hit. the closer you are, the more chance to hit.

Staff: Personally, I think this is one of the coolest weapons in game. Sadly, it is meant more for hitting lots of enemies at the same time, and do not do as much damage to individual enemies compared to pistols, etc. Since there are not a lot of "groups of enemies" in this game, staff has kind of been forgotten. Hopefully new staff loot will get people to use it again.