View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 PM
A pirate's always ready.
Captain Gas's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Thankful Award Which Famous Pirate Are You Award Klingon Award 2012 If I Ruled The Caribbean.. Participant's Award Design A Weapon Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 19

My Mood: Crazy
Captain Gas is a pirateCaptain Gas is a pirateCaptain Gas is a pirate
Well...I try to keep coming back.

I know there's probably no chance of me ever coming back for good. I've come on maybe every 3 weeks. Maybe even later. But, then, after I come on, I don't come on for a longer time...I have to face the fact that the game has lost my interest. I remember the good old noob days: attacking every high level enemy I saw, knowing I would die. The laughs I had back then...meeting my first friends, meeting PNC at one of their cave raids, and finishing the Black Pearl Quest with my fellow guildmates.

After, it was back to the boring old weapon upgrade quests, quests that pay gold...all that was left was looting, leveling, and having fun with my mates. I lasted for a while, but then eventually my activity died. I remember me mastering my Notoriety with Stealthy Cannoneer. It was a double mastery and we both mastered at the same time. I met more fellow friends, joined the Shadow Sorcerors on my minor pirate...

Now, it's gone. I go on the forums every now and then to remember the memories I had. I never did master my other weapons. I keep coming back, though, like Davy. Like Davy, I search for that glimmer of hope. Like Davy, I'm a ghost haunting the game, hoping for change. But, that change never came. I've signed the Revive POTCO Petition in hopes of the Devs perhaps taking a step up and repairing our long broken game.

Sadly, though, I almost don't believe it'll work. I think ol' Captain Gassy is a ghost now. You never see him, but he's there. I know my fellow guildmates don't go on much anymore, either. POTCO is dying slowly. The Devs aren't doing anything to fix it. Sadly, I don't think they care about the game. Sure, when POTC 5 comes out, there will be a boost in the amount of players. That will probably last a week.

I just...I just wish I could come back, knowing I'll stay. I wish I could know that glimmer of hope came true.

But, it hasn't. Captain Gas's pirate is setting sail on the horizon. He may come back. But, he's a ghost now.

I'm not leaving the forums. I'm not leaving my friends. But, the game...it's no longer my life. It's no longer the place I'm most happy.