View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 01:46 AM
---
Captain Del's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award Summer Party Participant's Award Book Title Participation's Award Patriot Pirate's 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Savvy
Captain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy_Mcwrecker View Post
Don't get me wrong, but I dont see it as exploiting. It's an automatic clicker. You have to pay for those. Why can't they use something that they bought. It just clicks for you, so you can save some energy. Your not hacking, your not trying to become a founder or a GM. Your not trying to get unlimited gold. Your not trying to get unlimited access for free. It's most certainly not illegal, and trust me, the GOOD clickers, that have a contineous clicking pattern in five spots, is crossing the line. Then you can do glitches, like the granade glitch, or whatever.

It's a clicker that clicks. Not a hacking machene. It does not mess up the prgramming, and more imprtantly - it does not lag other players. Swift foot glitch does.
Macroes/3rd party programs are often used to exploit many factors in the game, most notably the leaderboards. Walk away from the computer for a few hours, and you're on the leaderboards, just because you chose to cheat. Though most of us don't prefer ranking, and often see it as a chore, there are plenty of pirates who do find pleasure in the competitiveness of ranking, which is why the use of macroes not only gets a guild on the boards for the wrong reasons, but it's basically a slap in the face to the people who want to rank for their guild for the right way.

Let's also not ignore the fact that macroes can also be used for leveling, which when you substitute to my previous point, is equally as bad. Using third party programs takes away from the game, and IS cheating.