View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 03:15 AM
Swabby
Eric Sunloather's Primary Pirate Info

My Mood: Disney
Eric Sunloather is scurvy dog
Post Cannon Defense! (GASP!)

Yeah... A thread about Cannon Defense... I know you see plenty of these but please bear with me. Matchmaking for CD is nearly impossible in-game for me and normally even when it works out, the people are inexperienced and I don't make it past wave 13 or 14... Wave 13 being where I get my second, last, and horrible reward for my trouble... I don't go any farther because I realize it isn't going to work out in the long run and quit.

I've already tried posting in an existing CD thread but it seems to have basically died, as nobody had responded to my latest post even after 3 days of it just sitting there collecting dust... Thats 3 days that could have been spent planning for an actual CD run, but whatever! No sense dwelling on the past.

So I suppose you can see where this is going... I need people to play this game with... Dedicated players who know what they are doing, and can assist me in getting around or, if I'm lucky, PAST wave 56... Other prerequisites include being well rested, fed, having a drink on hand, and a bathroom break before we start... I already know how not having fulfilled all those prerequisites feels during a CD game... And that wasn't even during a legitimate CD run! Just one of those small and wimpy, don't-go-past-wave-13 runs mainly used for practice...

Obviously I don't want to settle for anything less than 4 really good cannon defense players. I have been practicing a lot, so I can officially hold my own in Cannon Defense and know how to spend money on ammo and use it appropriately... I know all that jazz about the Powder Keg and Firestorm... Leading my shots and whatnot... What to do if there is barely any gold left on the shore, which ships to let take it and which ships to be proactive about disallowing running away with your last bit of precious gold, which unfortunately is the only brick wall standing between an amazing set of cannon rams, or just... epic... epic failure and disappointment...

At this point all I need is an A-Team...
- Haunt Mansion Voice: "ANY VOULUNTEERS???"

I'd be more than happy to create MORE than a single CD run based off of this one Topic... I'll gladly do everything I can to keep this thread active and generate more awesome CD runs for a long period of time if that is what people want... Otherwise I'll just create a few good CD runs within this thread to get the rams we want and then leave it be to start officially collecting dust and avoid taking away from other topics listed within this POTCO Mini-Games area...

I also realize that time zones are a big issue in this... I'm so tired of CD not working out for me, I'd gladly just stay up late to accomodate people. Please, when posting an RSVP for this event, include your time zone so that I can get a good idea of the player base I am working with for this particular game I am trying to sort out tonight... or hopefully by tomorrow afternoon. Obviously I'd like to set up a day and meeting place eventually once we get who is playing, and what time zones those players are working with out of the way.

Well I guess thats it then... I've spent enough time sorting out the ingredients for this thread and mixing them together... Time to let it cook a little...