View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 03:17 AM
---
Captain Del's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award Summer Party Participant's Award Book Title Participation's Award Patriot Pirate's 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Savvy
Captain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this far
Watching a guild grow up from the outside is like watching a flower bloom over a period of time. You sit there, you feed it a little water, nudge it in to the sun a little; but other than that, there isn't much you can do. So if you're dedicated enough, you just sit there and watch it grow, hoping and praying with all your might that one day it reaches it's full potential and blossoms in to a spectacular, breath-taking creation.

Sure, you can do all you can to aid the flower in the beginning. You can make sure it has all the right support, you can feed it everything you have, and you can put all of your resources in to it - if you so wish, of course. Not once while I watched over your guild's development did I question what I was doing, and moreover why I was doing it. I just knew that I had to, because unlike all the other flowers in the garden, this one had the potential to become the most beautiful - this one would be the one to tower above all the other ones. It wasn't a matter of opinion, it was a matter of fact.

And so, that's what I did. I still have some of the old messages that we used to exchange back and forth in the early days - your first days here on POForums. You would come with a question, and I would answer it with this whole big spiel of philosophy and hoopla. Maybe I was a little too much when it came to jumping to give hints or advice, but in reality, you can never be too pushy when it comes to aiding something that you truly believed in. And when I was a younger Davy Fireskull show up on the shores of POF, with a little guild tag and a big heart of energy and hope to carry it, I knew that this was something I would be comfortable believing in.

And there I sat in the garden. For the first few weeks and months, I didn't give everything I had, but rather, gave everything that I knew I should give. After all, what's the fun in making your own guild when you have all the material you need to build it? You can have all the inspiration and advice you can handle; without that sliver of emptiness, where you are all on your own, you'll never have as much fun as you could have. Needless to say, I helped you set up what you needed, but I made sure to never give you anything more. Of course, I didn't do that to be mean, and I'm sure we both know that - besides, who wants Old Del breathing down their backs every time they make a decision? My guild yells at me enough for that!

But even when I knew that I gave you everything I was supposed to, nothing more, nothing less, I was still like an old, worrisome mother. It was hard, watching your guild growing form itself after I stepped back; but at the same time, it was almost a little heart-warming.

Perhaps you've never known this, or perhaps I never made it clear enough, but Davy, I have always admired you and your members. Your guild is one of the rare gems in the Caribbean that has never stopped striving, never stopping moving, never stopped believing. Not once have I ever seen you or your members throw in the towel or give up a fight - I have only seen you pick yourself up and move on. It's courage and determination in a guild like yours that reminds me that there are still guilds other than my own who I can feel comfortable rooting for, and be fine with losing all of my teeth, gold, and even rum defending. I may have given you some inspiration here and there, but don't you ever forget that against it all, YOU have always served as an inspiration of mine. And do not ever forget it.

And through all of my worrying, there was faith in that you would guide your guild on to shores you could never imagine. As we both have come to understand, and what all Guildmasters come to understand, a guild is not the ship that takes the journey; it is not the wind that guides the journey; and it is not the crew who seeks to understand it. The guild, in itself, is the journey, and every day we move onward to live it, to seize it.

And my faith, as I had hoped, prevailed. Before my eyes, I watched flower unfurl in to a showcase of pure majesty. Even though I was now watching at a distance much further than before, I could still see everything that radiated from it with the clearest of detail; friendship, kindness, compassion. Loyalty. Love.

And from there, your journey continued. I stepped away with security in my heart, knowing that you had done this well, and that you would now push the frontiers that I stood on as well - that we would not work as teacher and student, but as colleagues. As friends. We pushed one another as far as we could go, not only because we ourselves wanted to succeed, but because we wanted each other to succeed. From there on, we both took this wild journey together, as a team - a lopsided team of a "partner" and a "sorceror," but nevertheless, we were a pretty good one

And I never really imagined the day when our journies would come at a crossroads. I knew that it would come sooner or later, but I never really thought about it until.. well, now. Putting it in to perspective was as hard as one could imagine not only mentally, but emotionally, and even with all the arguments we may have had, and all the bickering we have done, I never wanted to imagine it. Was it ignorant of me to not think of what it would be like? No, not really - ignorance never comes in to form when it comes to dreaming, after all.

But, here we are. The path diverges in to two - and our fates lead us down the separate paths. I will continue down mine, and you will continue down yours - this is what destiny has planned for us, and we must not fight it. We are prisoners to our own reality, Davy; we can only hope that just the slightest bit of fantasy in the mix will carry us through the pain. But as we prepare to diverge down our separate paths, let me make one thing clear:

Watching your guild grow in to what it is today has only been the greatest pleasure for me. Never in my time in the Caribbean have I gotten the satisfaction from a guild other than my own that yours has given me, and I must thank you for that. You have made this old pirate heart light up on numerous occasions, and that is something I will never be able to put down in words.

Will our paths meet up further down the road? I'm sure they will. So, Mister Fireskull, let's make one last deal, shall we? You keep heading down your road, no matter what obstacles are thrown in your path, and I will make sure Dog does the same - just like old times.

See you for now, Davy. And, always remember:

You have made me so, so incredibly proud.

Drink up, me hearties, yo-ho