View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 01:27 PM
GM of Black Bart's Krewe
Bartholomew Foulsteel's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pirate's 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 29

My Mood: JarODirt
Bartholomew Foulsteel is a first mateBartholomew Foulsteel is a first mateBartholomew Foulsteel is a first mateBartholomew Foulsteel is a first mate
Good guide--one mor e point not made about cheating at Hold'em; Only swap a card if there's you and one other NPC or player at the table (NPC would be preferable). With three (or more) players at the table, the odds are too high (not good, but three times more likely) that one of the players hold cards are a duplicate of yours. Do th swap ONLY at the River (the last card put down) and when you do it, do it FAST! Unlike Blackjack, at the poker table it seems the longer you take the less likely it will be that you get a successful swap. No sense in waiting for the River only to NOT have a successful swap.

Generally speaking, I would still recommend using your cheat cards at Blackjack. I had to do all the poker quests just like everybody else and was able to do so without cheating. Give it a try. Learn to play. You will win when you know the game.

Signature courtesy of Nautical Nattie