View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 05:54 AM
Bring me that horizon!
Tiberius Fireskull's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Pirate Resolution Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Patriot Pirate's 2012 Award Guess The Picture Participant's Award St. Patrick's Day 2012 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 35

My Mood: Shots
Tiberius Fireskull is a buccaneerTiberius Fireskull is a buccaneer
Next Chapter is served!

Chapter 20: The Traitor

Billy sneered. He held his repeater pistol pointed directly between Davy’s eyes. It was a good gun. Three barrels. Probably could fire a long distance and still be extremely accurate. And Davy didn’t doubt his brother’s shooting skills. But there was one thing wrong. Billy shouldn’t be aiming his gun at Davy. Should he? Something was wrong.

“Did you miss me brother?” Billy taunted. His voice was far more confident sounding, and he spoke with a voice of authority. His body was surprisingly in good condition. He had a large scar on his face, like in Davy’s vision. He had several other scars on his arm, but they didn’t show a sign of beating and weakness anymore. They made him look like he was tough, and had won a good deal of fights in his time. He was wearing an orange long vest with a swirl design on it, flowing downward. He had black pants, and black boots. Under his vest was a brown tank. He had no hat, but instead had his long hair tied up in a pony tail which stuck up.

What is going on?! Davy thought frantically. What is going on with Billy?!

Billy smiled evilly, looking at Davy and his friends. “Wondering what happened to me?” he asked.

Davy heard the loading of a gun, and turned to see Will loading his scattergun he carried.

“PUT THAT GUN DOWN WILL! THAT’S AN ORDER!” Davy roared. Even if Billy was going to attempt to kill him, he just couldn’t bear to see a shot fired at him.

He turned back to Billy. “Billy. What happened? And put that gun down for God’s sake! Please! We’re here to help ye!”

Billy laughed. “Davy, you don’t understand what’s happening here. Jolly Roger has the Sword of Darkness now. The sword that was supposed to be locked away on that godforsaken island. You gave it to Jolly, and doomed us all! Or, you anyway. After Jolly captured me during that battle, he took me here, and chained me to that rock.” Billy gestured towards the wall where he had been chained. He rubbed his wrists, as if feeling where the shackles had dug into his skin. Then he continued.

“I was a fool to resist. Why do you even fight? With that sword, he has unlimited power. You already saw how many skeletons ambushed you here. That’s not even a puny fraction of what he can do! Within months, weeks even, Jolly will have a force so strong that he can wipe out every foe that resists him with ease! Resistance is futile! Just look at the logic, he will win in the end!”

“Billy! What’s he done to you?!” Zolina cried out, “You know that he is only trying to manipulate you! Please Billy! There is always hope! And Jolly Roger is evil! If he takes over, nobody will survive! Perhaps he will keep you for a while, but once he takes over, he will dispose of you like an old piece of clothing!”

Billy closed his eyes and smiled. “Zolina, you don’t see this do you. Jolly is the winning side. It is clear that he will win. Look at the logic! He has a massive army and armada at his disposal, and with this sword, he is even more powerful! He is unstoppable! He showed me all the possibilities himself! There is no flaw in his logic!”

Davy shook his head. “Billy. What has he done to you?”

“He has only told me the truth. It is inevitable that he will win out in the end. And, he promised me that he could bring back our parents…”

This caught Davy’s attention. If Jolly could bring his parents back from the dead, that could change Davy’s life. His parents, who he had lost at such a young age. His parents, who had always been there…

Then Davy snapped out of it.

Its not natural, Davy thought. Bringing people back from the dead. Even if it’s my parents. Knowing Jolly, he probably is just manipulating me through Billy. As much as I want to…

“Billy, please. Don’t. It isn’t natural!” Davy said. “Billy. Please come back with us. You don’t have to do this!”

Billy paused for a moment, then stood firmly. “I’m afraid I must Davy. And unfortunately, if you aren’t with me, then you are against me. Attack them! Now!”

From the ceiling, two or so dozen skeletons dropped. They drew their weapons, and slowly advanced. Billy put his gun away, and drew his long battle dagger that he carried around. He waited behind the skeletons as they advanced, and slowly began advancing behind them.

“Davy…” Sam said.

Davy took a breath. He never thought he would be fighting his own brother. But he couldn’t just let his friends die.

“Destroy the skeletons,” Davy said. “Show no mercy to them. If you have to fight Billy, injure him, but don’t kill.”

“Aye, aye sir…” Kate said.

The skeletons were almost on them now. The Sorcerors drew their blades, and charged. Their anger and rage fueled their strength, and they cut through the skeletons like straw dummies. More skeletons arrived. It seemed like for every skeleton defeated, another took its place.

“Mates! We have to move towards the exit! Go!” Luckie cried out.

The group slowly fought their way to the exit of the cavern. They finally arrived, many skeletons later, and slowly began filing out. Davy was last. He was about to go, when he heard a gunshot, and a bullet ricochet off the cave wall, not six inches from his head. He turned to see Billy holding a smoking pistol. With more skeletons building up behind him.

“Get them,” Billy said simply.

“Go!” Davy cried out.

The group didn’t need any further prompting. They dashed out. They ran into the continuation of the tunnel that had taken them there; the end that hadn’t caved in. They kept running, and rounded a corner. In front of them, stood Billy, with over fifty skeletons behind him.

“You can’t escape death,” Billy said. “Surrender, and perhaps Jolly Roger will make your deaths less painful.”

“Go! The other tunnel!” Zolina yelled.

The group ran into another side tunnel, leaving the enemy behind them. For safe measures, Kate and Luckie collapsed the entrance to the tunnel, so they couldn’t be pursued. They kept running, rounding corners, constantly in fear of being pursued. Davy couldn’t believe what was happening. His own brother was trying to kill him. Sam was no better. Having lived with Billy for just as long as Davy had, he was as good as Billy’s brother as well. It was heartbreaking.

The tunnel rounded another corner, and the group came into a gigantic cavern. It was massive, consisting of a cliff, which the Sorcerors stood on, that dropped off into a deep, dark abyss, of which there was no visible bottom. Off to the other side, there was a slightly higher cliff, with a strange green fire burning on it.

“Lets get out of here,” Zolina said. “This place gives me the creeps.”

The group started running across the Cliffside, when all of the sudden, they heard a loud bang, and the sound of something flying through the air. What they heard next, was a cry of pain from Sam, and his cutlass dropping to the stone floor.

Kate gasped in horror, and covered her mouth.

“My Lord God. What happened?” Will said shakily.

Davy stood in horror, as he saw Sam fallen on the floor, blood pouring from a bullet wound in his side. He was sweating feverishly, and was grunting softly. Davy looked up, and saw Billy armed with a musket, reloading it on the opposite cliff. Billy had shot Sam.

“Mates, we can’t linger! Will, can you hoist Sam onto your shoulders? We have to get out of here!” Davy said hurriedly. “Billy will shoot again!”

Will nodded, and gently picked Sam’s quivering body up. They ran back to the side of the cliff they came from, and back into the tunnels. Unfortunately, the worst happened. Billy and another group of skeletons stood in front of them, blocking the way to the rest of the tunnel.

“Billy! How could you?!” Davy screamed in rage. “You yellow-bellied swine! I’ll kill you!!!”

For a moment, Billy stood in shock, then he realized that Davy was pulling out his staff. “Get them!” Billy said.

The skeletons advanced once more, but they didn’t get far. Davy raised his staff, muttered an incantation, and let the spell loose. With a loud bang, a gigantic dust storm surrounded the Sorcerors, and vaporized the skeletons outside. While it was going on, the cave began to rumble, and rocks started to fall all around them. The last thing Davy saw before he blacked out was Billy turning around, and walking away.