View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Bring me that horizon!
Tiberius Fireskull's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Pirate Resolution Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Patriot Pirate's 2012 Award Guess The Picture Participant's Award St. Patrick's Day 2012 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 35

My Mood: Shots
Tiberius Fireskull is a buccaneerTiberius Fireskull is a buccaneer
A New Year Begins

Before I get into all the announcements I have, let me first say...

Happy New Year!!!

I hope that you all had a great New Year, and are ready to start 2012 with a brand new, clean slate. Another 365 (or is it a leap year with 366 days?) days of opportunities, fun, adventures, voyages, and love. I look forward to the coming year, and I see great changes and wonderful gatherings in store for us. I have a lot of plans for this year, and I want to make sure that it is the best year that the Shadow Sorcerors will have yet! So, without further adue, here are some of the plans that I have in store for us.

January: Recruitment Month

I can't help but have noticed a slight decrease in our guild's activity lately. This is due in part to several things and I will get to more of them later; however, it has lead me to the decision that I think it is time to see the next generation of Shadow Sorcerors. While this is not meant to fix activity, I hope that it will boost it in addition to other plans I have that I will get to later. With all these fresh faces, I hope to see a new group of members to carry us forward; therefore, I am naming January of 2012 a Recruitment Month. I would like to see EVERYONE contributing to this. With our clean slate of 2012, I want to get some new members to start off the year with. These new members can hopefully help to make up our next group of veterans and officers. The same rules for recruitment, as always, apply now.

Events, Events, Events!

Events are a wonderful time for the guild to get together and interact with each other. It is a great time for new members to meet up with people and really get to know them. Events, in my opinion, are where players truly bond with each other. This is why I have decided to place more emphasis on events this year than in 2011. I will try my best to plan more events and more interesting events. I also would like to see them advertised more in the guild. This is not just for me, but for all of you as well to make sure that you are showing up to our events. If you show up to these events, then not just are you contributing to the amount of players there and the fun involved for you, but you are also making it more enjoyable for everyone else, especially our newer members. I would like to see EVERYONE reminding EVERYONE about our events, and to keep track of them. I also would like to see higher attendance at our Sorceror Event Nights, as these are our most frequent events. Because of their frequency, it makes for great bonding time with new members, and older ones too.

More Bonding

I would like to try much more this year for our members to get closer than ever. While we are already very close, I find that sometimes there are people that feel left out in the guild, and I want to place extra emphasis this year, and for all time, to make sure that that quiet person who's not really doing much feels included and part of our nation. So this year, I want all of you to try to come online just a little bit more, talk personally to that one person who you haven't talked to before. Ask if someone else needs help with their quest. Also, start out spontaneous Mini-Events. These can go from simple voyages or looting trips to intense role-playing adventures (and yes, I will try to work on the Guild Quest this year. ). This year, I want each and every one of you, myself included, to make sure that everyone is feeling included in this guild. For without unity, what are we? Without unity, we cannot be what we want to be.

Guild Pride and Showing Our Name

After two and a half years in the Caribbean, I would really like to try to get our names out there. Many people know who we are, but I think that we could get our name out there more. There are plenty of ways to do this, including exploring new regions of the Internet (Somewhat off-topic, but while I'm talking about the Internet, I would also like to have more people register on the guild site and on POF), and of course, Guild Pride! This year I would like to try to do a few more guild pride events; at least one event involving some every month. That's my goal, and I'd like to stick to it. This way we can let the Caribbean know who we are, and that we are some of the best!

More in Store...

Trust me, your faithful Guildmaster has a lot more in store for all of you. I plan to do a lot of fun things this year. Some things will be repeats of successes last year, others will be completely new things. I would like to explore some new methods of running a guild and I would like the guild itself to experiment a bit with some new ways of living. I'll definitely bring back certain hits (Yes Mr. Darkwalker, that means The Shadow Games) and try for some new types of events and activities as well. This year will be a great year for us, and I look forward to it all.

I look forward to the year of 2012! Let's make this year the best one yet! Happy New Year, and of course,

Hail to the Shadow Sorcerors!