Thread: Kraken?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 10:25 PM
Obsessed with gold
MacIronhawk's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Armada Award Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Jolly
MacIronhawk is a pirateMacIronhawk is a pirateMacIronhawk is a pirateMacIronhawk is a pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFxZeppers View Post
I have a feeling a that some of the trailer footage we see comes from these hybrid games.
The pictures in skulls' post look like they're from the E3 convention when they announced pirates online. I saw some footage of the E3 event on the pirates site and they showed people firing cannon balls on land, enemies with the french/spanish sword movements, and the Kraken battle.

The pictures look very pre-beta. The Kraken tentacles... they're a joke compared to the graphics in the phase files. Excuse me, I mean when the Kraken was in the files. Now the beastie is probably out for some unknown reason...

This screenshot I took a few months ago shows the 'large' tentacle.
Click the image to view the full version
When it was in the files the animation for it appeared to pull down ships once they lost the battle.

And then there's the regular sized tentacles that would grab pirates up and crush them. These tentacles are probably used as distractions while the big tentacle drags the ship under.

But all the trailers for pirates are probably made by the devs. I believe they have their own server to test things before they release it to test. They probably use that private server to make the trailers. That's just a guess, though.

Back to the Kraken. If you look at his head you can probably guess why they took him out of the files. He needs a make over.