View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Swabby
Arioch's Primary Pirate Info

My Mood: Drunk
Arioch is scurvy dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximvs View Post
Also - kodos should be given to Irorhawk for information on I/O (what I call Inner / Outer Hull Damage) as he has an entire posting with Pics in the News Section. My information is experience, but he actually took the time to do before/ after / after-again (LOL) screenshots for everyone here...

Thanks Ironhawk

Here is the thread showing Full Pics of Before / After Damage
Actually instead of referring to it as an inner or outer hull I have been calling it an Armor belt. This belt can be avoided by aiming extremely low on the hull so that you can do max damage to the enemies Hull without having to pierce the armor belt.

another method is if you use strong concentrated attacks in one spot with pinpoint accuracy you can pirce the armor belt quickly in one shot so as to do max damage without have to completely remove the opposing ships armor first.

aim for the burning holes. These holes only appear in certain locations on each different ship type so if you know where to aim you can sink each ship type faster as you can make there armor useless.

As for the SVS events they are all a crock. Because any and all guilds use the above methods to artificially inflate their score.

Plain and simple they should reduce the SCORE to zero upon sinking and or add another factor into the mix.

If a ship is sunk the score remains however a tally is also kept on the amount of times sunk and this number is used for the final tally of the event and that each sinking is such a negative impact that no guild would intentionally sink in order to inflate the value of the bounty.

By simply adding this extra feature it will undermine 90% of the cheating in SVS

Simply put in the events the large guilds rig the playing field so much by launching apposing ships on other side to use as salvage or to prevent others from launching.

Also as a side note during an SVS event it would be a good idea to boot any ship from SVS in the event it has been more then 30 minutes since it has last sunk a ship. In doing so it would end the long chase scenes and get rid of salvage only ships and mules.

Last edited by Maximvs; 07-09-2009 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: Double Post Within 24hrs