View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 08:21 PM
A little girl playing with dolls
Crimson Rose's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirate Resolution Award Riddle Winner's Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award If I Ruled The Caribbean.. Participant's Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Design A Weapon Participant's Award Leap Year Award 2012 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Creative
Crimson Rose is a pirate wannabe
Post Guide to (Rare) Materials Run

Okay, I've got a nice big war brig of my own, with two armour upgrades. However I'm not sure I'm ready for a materials run of my own, because I'm not sure what I'm doing. I've been on an number of materials runs in large war ships of other players, and I have a few questions. Hopefully an experienced member here can give us a guide to how to do this properly that will get stickied.

Guide should cover:

- How long should the run go on (until the treasure chests have been replaced?);
- When should you head for the edge-of-the-world;
- How do you work the edge-of-the-world thingy;
- Why do some players want to leave a hunter crippled but not sunk, and when should you do this;
- What are the best tactics against the bounty hunters?

One suggestion I have - which I've mentioned elsewhere - if at the beginning of the run you only sink cursed ships, the Navy and EITC ships will not shoot at you at the end of your trip, when you are desperately trying to avoid the hunters and dodge thru the misc. ships to get to that one open port (I think.)

Crimson Rose