View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Lion Hearted Pirate GM
andyspins's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Pirating To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Design A Rum Logo Participant's Award Peanut Appreciation Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: Disapprove
andyspins is well renown pirateandyspins is well renown pirateandyspins is well renown pirateandyspins is well renown pirateandyspins is well renown pirateandyspins is well renown pirate
There are a lot of interesting ideas here. I think the main way to get new players is advertisement, I got into the game after (if I remember correctly from 4 or 5 years ago) a commercial. I saw it, and immediately went to my computer to make an account. The best way to retain players would probably be to either give more freedom to BA, or reduce the price of UA. A 3rd option as PP mentioned would work too. This is what I would do, but Disney probably knows all this. Compared to the rest of Disney's investments POTCO is a pebble (or as Tia would say, a drop in the ocean). From they're standpoint will they ever get enough return from they're investments? Would they earn more using the add space for something else? Would reducing UA costs cost too much short term? I'm not trying to sound grim, but it's a little worrying to me. All we can do is stay active, show our support, and stay hopeful.