View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Blacksmith
Platinum Pirate's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Woot
Platinum Pirate has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark87 View Post
Igor, what is the highest level you have reached?

With regard to the original question of this thread, my best guess: no. Yes, the game got harder on Friday, but only because they had made it easier for a while (we have seen this happen in sailing several times) -- possibly because they were doing some tests. What happened on Friday, they returned the game to what it had been previously.
Oh really? We did it this Saturday after Double Rep was over. The game is the same. I did not witness any changes since I started playing it this year. There were bugs with the game in January and they were fixed. I don't know if that altered the previous mechanics. POTCO did alter the original mechanics much earlier than that according to their Release Notes. Only a long time player would know the difference.

As for us, we made it to Wave 111 on our first try. A real surprise considering the two players who needed a Rev Ram admitted they were not good at CD. I honestly expected us to try it several times, or a least, have a practice run. They learned fast after my brother and I gave them some tips on which ammo to use best. And yes Igor, we used the ice nuke. The downside with those ice nukes is its overuse. You can not saturate the bay with it because it will cause too much lag. It does affect optimal game performance for players using a low end machine.

Other types of ammo affects game performance as well. Shark bait, which is hilarious to see, will make a bad lag worse. The same is true with Hot Shots. I don't think its the graphics at fault but rather the audio, the special effect sound that creates that lag. I plan to turn off all sound next time just to test that out.

Unfortunately, anyone in our Friends list coming online or offline creates a delay which adds to the lag. All that yapping in the chat box does the same thing too. My brother who has a better computer than mine got disconnected when a friend of his logged in around wave 58. (Its a network bug that tends to happen while playing Pirates where a friend logging in will cause a disconnect). And when he disconnected, one of our gunners had already disconnected! rofl I had to keep us alive while they tried getting back in ASAP. That game does not take into account, when a gunner has left, to remove their portion of ships. Oh, it will remove everything at once, like the frozen tundra the player created, but it won't remove those share of ships.

The game does not even show the current state of the bay when the gunner returns either. For those who are still gunning, they don't see the tundra that has been removed with that gunner. They will see all those ships sail super fast. In our case, mine's held and helped while they were coming back. I really had a blast sinking so many using Firestorm and cold shots which the other gunner was quick to follow suit. The graphic confusion is what slowed her down.

They came back and we continued. I left voluntarily at Wave 76 to avoid a disconnect. Came back at Wave 81 to see how we had like 150 Town Wealth remaining. It took a Herculean effort to shoot so many bandits so fast from scratch and keep the Town Wealth generating. That life and death battle lasted for several waves. As before, the gunners followed my lead and that on the spot coordination is what saved the day and led us to an all time best at Wave 111.

Both of my pirates got a bunch of rams, especially the kinds I wanted for them and neither of my two pirates have mastered their cannon skills yet. My brother leveled his cannon skills from 12 to 14 and earned some 15,000 gold! Our friends got their Rev Ram and much more as well. What a blast. We had a great time. Absolutely fun!