View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Swabby
Kriss_Man1's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Pirate Resolution Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Thankful Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Crazy
Kriss_Man1 is a pirateKriss_Man1 is a pirateKriss_Man1 is a pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Aye, I'll admit the initial sentiment was laced with a little annoyance over how I've received the same response (over, and over). However, I am very disappointed in their customer service. Since my return, I've sent requests for two guild names; the first I submitted went a week without a response. So, assuming it was declined, I submitted another the following week and still have yet to receive a response. It becomes grueling at the fact that a game with so much potential is being underutilized. (I understand sending too many guild names will run their system amuck, but there have been days when guild names would be approved/denied within hours)

I just expected a little more in their reply. Two years ago, a guildmate and personal friend of mine had some malfunction with their account. The 'higher ups' personally contacted him by phone and sorted the situation out within a day, in addition to apologizing and granting him a few temporary perks. To me it seems like they don't care anymore (consider it a little stubborn). Perhaps I'm overreacting or simply expecting too much. Perhaps I'm being a little naive or nostalgic, but no matter how deep we go with this, such suggestions may fall upon deaf ears. For the longest time have we been preaching to the choir.

If we are to truly make a change and rekindle the spirit (for all of us, including the staff), then I do believe we must call upon old friends. Aye, reality consumes a great deal of our priority, fueling the leave of many who have gone, but to those who desire to continue on this journey and have lost hope, I dare to say we must make one more plunge.

For the guildmasters, let us make it our duty to hoist the colours. Let us sing the song that shall echo to the very ears of those who call themselves pirate; to make it not only a duty, but an obligation - not to restore glory, for such guilds have not tarnished in time or nobility - but an obligation to making Pirates Online what it once was. If infamous pirates return to the seas, stranger tides may be upon us.

For the pirates who claim their loyalty to such dastardly captains, I, in my own opinion, dare to say the bonds of friendship shall hold the ship together for the time being until new content has been released.

Let us convene a gathering of pirates - old and new, far and wide.

Guildmasters, guildmates, noble independent pirates: for now, let our task be unity and espouse a community that deems us all Pirate Brethren.
- raises mug of Rum -

AYE! I'll drink ta that!

Kriss.