View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Blacksmith
Platinum Pirate's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Woot
Platinum Pirate has disabled reputation
lol Sharktooth

The thing I wonder about having any room built inside a ship that we can walk in and do whatever is if it can really work. Not a problem on land whenever we enter/ exit a building, but at sea? Islands don't move.

We have been use to seeing pirates walk about on top of a ship's deck. And the only time we are inside a ship is when we fall through it after we killed those enemies on board a flag. Have to teleport to someone in order to get out but while swimming around in it you can see the gun ports and broadside cannons. From my standpoint, its easy to picture the below deck room. All sorts of items would be viewed and one could fire their cannon from there. I would think the lag would reduce for those pirates still experiencing problems when sailing. Being in a room like that would be easier for them since they use non-nVidia/ ATI graphic cards. There would also be spots to make repairs as well.

So, could it still work? It would be awful if not laughable to see certain glitches where these rooms pop in and out of these ships while sailing and cannoning. I wouldn't mind personally if that would be a known occurrence especially in Full Server or huge concentration of ships doing battle. As long as it works and it's not creating more server lag, I can live with it.

But still, can it work while the ship is moving? Can pirates enter/ exit without fail while the ship is moving? I personally believe Captain's Quarters are always locked and no one has access to it until Captain permits it. Can't let pirates play in there while the ship is under attack! lol, but Below Deck is good to leave open. It lets pirates use that area instead and maybe some sort of purchase allowing us to have more pirates on board would be added as well.