View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Visit the DOW wiki at www.disneysonlineworlds.com!
Mommy 2 Jules's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Animal's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award World Parrot Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 35

My Mood: Adventurous
Mommy 2 Jules must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farMommy 2 Jules must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farMommy 2 Jules must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farMommy 2 Jules must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farMommy 2 Jules must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farMommy 2 Jules must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farMommy 2 Jules must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this far
May 2012 If I Ruled the Caribbean Contest Winners

Everyone did a great job of describing their sovereigns ...

But these captains proved they are Destined to Rule:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Shipsteel View Post
If I ruled the Caribbean,

As the supreme overlord of the Spanish Main, I would seek to first destroy any and all my opposition. What good is power if there are no cooperative subjects?

After successfully incapacitating all those who doubt me, I would begin a scientific resurgence. Why, might you ask? To begin research into the process of making the perfect rum recipe, one which I would quickly release to the public to allow maximum rum drinking capabilities. I'd also set a special division into researching the process of replicating rum, to access infinite drinks!

Then, I would venture to Padres Del Fuego and head to the volcano. Over this volcano, I would build the greatest tavern known to piratekind, filled with the treasures brought forth, the finest rum available, and of course, the advisors that will help me secure dominance.

Once a few months have passed, I will parley to all local pirates and privateers and offer them a Letter of Piracy, which dictates that they may hunt any and all vessels that cross them as long as I recieved 10% of the profits in gold, and 60% of all rum plundered. Those who declined... well, I did say that Those with the letter could hunt any and all...

Once I amassed the wealth required, I would set my sights on the Mediterranean. For, no matter how tame I become, piracy still lurks in my depths...

Sincerely,

Your Future Pirate Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Pirate View Post

If? What do you mean if?!? I wondered wandered right in singing the only sea chant I could when I set sailed for the first time. It was called Here I Go Again by Whitesnake. Sure there were others that I could have sung at the time but that one said it best. Next thing I know I'm enlisted to liberate the Black Pearl (much like everyone else was) and every quest the local inhabitants of the Caribbean had available. They taught me what I needed to know, showed me how to improve my odds of succeeding, and tested me throughout every bit of my journey. I overcame all sorts of obstacles, treated every wench like the princess they truly are, and led a bunch of robust pirates who tasted what I drank and wanted it too: That very magic that made the Caribbean come alive.

Little did I know I end up ruling the Caribbean. And after reading how others would rule it if they had a shot at it, no wonder it was handed to me on a silver platter! Okay, looking back now that platter was made of platinum. Wow, they had quite a sense of humor when they handed it and I didn't see it at the time. The news was overwhelming as it was because ruling the Caribbean, mates, is a tall order. I mean a really, really, really tall order -- and only Tia Dalma decides who is fit to rule it.

She wasn't kidding about the whole destiny stuff. I tried my best since to drink it away but to no avail. Every now and then I hear her giggle like a common school girl reminding me the truth of it. What does she still know that I don't know? That I wonder alright when I'm not doing my duty and have that liberty to gaze at the lovely horizon.

It's also in those moments I'm humbled by this awesome task. Ruling it hasn't been that hard really. Frankly, you have been permitted to have your own guilds and be your piracy-selves as you like. You're all quite a lot I tell ya. Some of you appreciate what you have and thirst for more. Rest assured there's more on its way to quench it. Others are...really bad eggs, muttering always how it's not perfect and rejoice when they find some bug to complain about. HaHa! Truth be told, the only thing that's really bugging them is how the natives are giving them a taste of their own medicine. What bugs?!? They're just glitching like you all been known to use on them! And I have gone so much as to encourage those natives to not play favorites. So then... you're very much welcomed.

Yes, the job has been filled. There's no if in this equation. Quit wandering about it and concentrate all your sinew and strength against the evil that still lingers throughout the Caribbean. Stick to the Code like the Code it is for its not some guideline for you to "perhaps follow at your leisure". Captain Teague will gladly set you straight when you least expect it. And most of all, respect the magic that lies all about you. Don't dismiss Tia. Hell hath no fury!

And no, you don't need to officially be my friend in order to taste that magic. You don't need to join my guild either to be touched by that magic. You just need to do the right thing. And when you do, you'll see the whole Caribbean come alive right before your very eyes. In that day, your true quest will begin: finding that special treasure buried somewhere meant for you and no other.

Enough said. Back to work and drink up me Hearties! Yo Ho! Yo Ho!

Congrats to all!