View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Blacksmith
Platinum Pirate's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Woot
Platinum Pirate has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcb2k View Post
After playing the game with my family and friends for the last few years, this is extremely disappointing. We feel like it was a waste of time now. We worked hard to be on the leader boards and searched countless hours for famed, legendary loot upgraded ships to Level 6 Skull and bones, Etc... To see it all just go away is very sad. Try to explain to my kids that all they worked for is just gone with nothing to show for it. I won’t let them fall for the next Disney online game. No chance I will shell out any cash for a membership that can just be pulled away. Fool me once… I expected more from Disney. They should be ashamed.
Take screenshots! A lot of people, especially kids, took the news of this hard. A lot of tears were shed. You're not the only parent trying yer best to explain why Disney is a meanie for doing this to them. Those screenshots are a reminder of the fun times you had while accomplishing those very things together.

And try snail mail, as suggested by CYblade, and let them know it! Let those bigwigs know how cruel they were to pull a fast one on yer kids like that. They are suppose to be pro-kids! That act sure wasn't.

This was my first online game, and yes, it will be my last. I expected Disney to be better compared to the rest of those other game companies. I know its so much easier to dump on Disney and all that, but in fairness, the gaming industry as a whole is changing. Mobile apps are being favored over online gaming. I see a ripple effect in other words and do not care to invest anything of myself into something I can't own, nor will always be around for me to enjoy when I can.

Make no bones about it, this pirate is going down with his ship on September 19th, 2013. Perhaps, some day, there will be a Green Flash and this pirate will return to sail the waters of a whole new Caribbean world.