View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Blacksmith
Platinum Pirate's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Woot
Platinum Pirate has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy_Mcwrecker View Post
I doubt the forums will close, but I hope the closing of the game will give us players something to hope for. Perhaps Disney will open a new POTCO, buy all the same, all my time spent on my pirate will be gone. I'm hoping to master him before they close the game. So I will try to play as much as possible, but they decided to close right as school started. So I can't be on as much.
It would be nice to think that they would at least keep our Pirate Accounts stored for a better version of the game. By that I mean, the pirates we created are simply stored some place safe. All that information remains intact. When the time comes, they will determine if that info remains 'as is' or simply reset our pirates to Notoriety 1 so we can start over on their new version with the same body types [or close to it]. Kinda how they let us keep our old body types when they created the new ones. The new version of the game will have newer bodies fit for that game. I'm sure the graphics will be awesome. Better stuff all around.

You would think, if they have a heart, they did consider and intend to do something along those lines. Then imagine the big surprise we would receive in our emails to come back to a brand new Caribbean. If you were a tester, you obviously would be the first to get wind of this. These forums would light up fast as news would spread forth far and wide. I know I would be among those knowing I'll have my pirates back who would be willing to subscribe once again. Those who never cared of course, same ones who are clueless that this game is shutting down now, their pirate files will be deleted at that point in time. Perhaps 90 days after the new game debuts on October 31st.

Clever marketing to be sure. The kind of Disney I'd like to believe it to be. They had to and they're banking on us that we will return with a greater appreciation for what they had given us originally. If that were so, I would estimate that it would happen between the 5th and 6th sequels of Pirates of the Caribbean. 2015/2016 isn't that far away when you think about it.

And even if that cutthroat boss of theirs has no intention of doing that, at least there would be some bit of mutiny among his crew. Someone would save those files believing that they will develop a better Caribbean someday. Shouldn't take that much space on a flash drive to liberate in broad daylight if not in the [Un]dead of night, right?

A nice thought or two I raise here for you, me Hearties.