View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Lion Hearted Pirate GM
andyspins's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Pirating To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Design A Rum Logo Participant's Award Peanut Appreciation Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: Disapprove
andyspins is well renown pirateandyspins is well renown pirateandyspins is well renown pirateandyspins is well renown pirateandyspins is well renown pirateandyspins is well renown pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Rose View Post
I'm not sure if this was covered, because I haven't had time to read through the whole thread, but here goes:

I'm leveling up grenades in Isla Tormenta right now, blowing up Davy Jones' crew in a repetitive fashion. Here is what I have found.

If you get the right distance away from a target and have the red circle showing under it, when you throw the grenade they will dodge to the left, and usually escape the blast.

What I do is, before I throw I hold down the right mouse button, ease the view to one side or the other just until the red circle disappears. Then I throw the grenade. It lands beside them and does full damage, and they don't react until then. Then I will grenade them further if they are knife-throwers or grenadiers, or pull out another weapon if they come rushing at me.

For the sword-wielders, I hit them with throwing knives. It takes a lot of hits, but then again you get a lot of rep for killing them slowly. The rep gets spread out over your grenades and knives (but about 75-80% on the knives.)

Another trick I like to do is to use the long volley on a target, the same as above, just to the side. Then, as the target comes rushing up, I lob a grenade at regular distance. They usually run right into the blast, and it finishes them off.

I love grenades. I hardly ever lose hit points when I'm using them.

Crimson Rose
Hmm, I'll have to try that.