Old 11-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Legit
lerzba's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pirate's 2009 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Amuzed
lerzba has disabled reputation
Hello. I'm a jumper, and I am fairly experienced at it. I have been jumping/pvping for 3 years.
One of the things I mostly hate in this game, is when people trash talk about us jumpers for having "rules" or "jumping" in PvP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy_Mcwrecker View Post
Jumpers = Weak people who are afraid of there opponents, regardless of level, and who cant take a hit or two.
Davy, how are we weak, afraid or anything like that? The way I see it, we are the best pvpers in the game. We like having "rules" so its a fair match for everyone.

Jumper Rules :
Cutlass and Dagger only
~No Dagger Combos
~No Brawl
~No special weapon abilities (like freeze on silver freeze)
~No asp

Why don't we use broadsword? You can RANDOMLY swing with it and hit your opponent, and it'll stun him and he can't move. The main idea in Jumpers PvP is stunning your opponent with a cutlass combo so he slows down, and it'll be easier to hit him and he will go off-aim. We don't like to PvP someone that just spams three-barrel gun or someone who uses a doll and runs around in circles. That is so boring, having rules makes it harder and funner for us. We also feel much more accomplished then normal PvPers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Pixie View Post
I'm starting out as a jumper, and I'm getting quite good at it. It doesn't make me one of those PvP obsessed jerks that like to glitch a lot, because if someone asks me to not jump, I won't jump. I use a broadsword when I jump, because it's far easier than cutlass, and who says that I'm not a real jumper if I use a broadsword?
Dark Pixie, "jumping" in pvp doesn't exactly make you a jumper, if you used the jumper rules, then you could consider yourself a beginner jumper. There is MUCH more to jumping then you think. It requires a lot of concentration,skill,focus and some experience. Broadsword requires no skill at all, try fighting someone with a cutlass. Its not supposed to be easy, its supposed to be hard.

Nacks thread was mainly to help people get the idea of what jumping really is, or help rookie jumpers. Instead, all I saw was people trash talking and insulting us, that hurts me. We aren't as bad as anyone thinks, just because one jumper can be rude doesn't make the rest like that.

If anyone would like me to show them how to actually jump using jumper rules, just send me a PM on PoF and we can meet up somewhere ingame. I can show you strategies,tips, how to re-train your sword/dagger for jumping and other useful things. We don't want to get hated by the pirate community, we are trying to gain respect.

Last edited by Lilys; 11-15-2011 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: Personal information/advertising