View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Fleet Crusher
CarribeanThunder's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Klingon Award 2012 Pirate Resolution Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Balanced
CarribeanThunder is a pirate wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruisen2000 View Post
Topic 1:

I think it makes sense that the War Galleon should be slightly weaker than the Brig, maybe not such a huge difference that currently exists, but given that The war Brig costs 40,000 more gold than the war Galleon, it should be a bit better.
Yes, it does make sense that the Brig be more expensive than the Galleon because it is stronger. In general - through all three forms, Light, Merchant and Warship - the Brig is better. But my original point was that if you have the Brig available as a choice, why would you get the Galleon when the Brig is better? Save the gold you have now and work on getting more to get the Brig.

I've known people who purchased a Galleon for the purpose of getting gold to get a Frigate (back in the days before the Brig, and even after). I honestly never saw how this worked, as I would just hold the 40k gold and work on getting 20k more if I wanted a War Frigate, THEN work on getting gold for the War Galleon.