View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Blacksmith
Platinum Pirate's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Woot
Platinum Pirate has disabled reputation
They are Glitched [Public] Ships aka Stuck Ships, and those are the only ones the Public know about because the captain had allow total strangers to board. Those captains that did not permit the Public to board have their ships somewhere out there stranded in them waters. If you try to board one via Public, the game will tell you in red letters, "Ship was not available". No kidding. The owner get's the same message too when attempting to board his/her own ship. They can board either one of their other ships though and sail them without any problems. They just can't board that Stuck Ship and there's not some magic crowbar the local Shipwright can use to help pry it off its pinned location. So no repair and sadly, no sale, is permissible. It spooks them I guess.

It is therefore stuck. I should know. It happened to me way back in August. For 40 days and 40 nights, my War Soop sat outside of Raven's Cove taking every beating from the Hunter and Warship. They had a blast shooting away at it and sent another when sank to continue their maddening pursuit of getting the prized cargo back. Neither I, nor any of my friends could get it back and we tried every thing we could think of. Even when my UA ended, it was still stuck. Even when I paid for UA again, it was still stuck.

Yes, I did fill out the Bug Report and contacted Member Services. Nothing was done about it and before anybody chimes in to basically bash them, they did eventually free my ship. You see, my ship getting stuck out there couldn't have come at a worst time. From what I readily observed, POTCO had no desire to perform maintenance for all servers after The Revived POTCO Petition began to collect signatures. The top two servers and a random server got their weekly reset. The rest deteriorated during that 40 day period.

Again, I know it because I set out to look for other Stuck Ships. I know I've seen them before and I saw some weird Hunter/ Warship activity hitting some empty space in the ocean. For two weeks, I hopped on every ocean and searched for them along with a friend. I needed to figure out what caused my ship to get stuck and it didn't take long for me to do that. They were all related to the QAR. I found 55 other Stuck Ships in either one of those three QAR paths. In finding them, I saw the state of the servers. Antik was by far the worst.

I took those findings and turned them in with the best three screenshots I could find from my collection. I described to them in the Bug Report what had happened to my ship which prompted myself to investigate this matter. Then, I sent a copy of it to Member Services so they can quickly alert the Tech Crew. I listed all 56 ships and their locations in those 22 servers. I also pointed out the state of those servers which was quite a sight to see.

Well, I must say, they acted promptly. They went looking for those ships and saw the accuracy of my reports. The Tech Crew had the QAR running non-stop for 72 hours trying to reproduce and figure out how my ship got stuck. On September 12th, POTCO closed for maintenance and in 90 minutes freed every one of those 56 ships. Only a server reset can free them and in freeing them, not only did those captains get their ships back, the rest of you were able to play at optimum levels once again at any of those servers.

If you ever find yourself getting a Stuck Ship, contact Member Services about it and present them this info:
  • Account ID
  • Pirate Name
  • Ship Name
  • Date of Occurrence
  • Last Server Visited

They will free it ASAP. Then, do what I did, have the courtesy of saying, "THANK YOU". They'll appreciate it and you can freely resume your plundering ways, Pirate.