View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Penguin Pirate
Sven Niscadae's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award World Parrot Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Tired
Sven Niscadae is well renown pirateSven Niscadae is well renown pirateSven Niscadae is well renown pirateSven Niscadae is well renown pirateSven Niscadae is well renown pirateSven Niscadae is well renown pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Edgemenace View Post
As of 1/30/2009, the direction of the compass is fixed toward the direction the boat is facing.

While this change does correct the "compass spinning" from panning the camera, it takes an enormous amount of "getting used to" especially if you were adept at using the old behavior. Compass is now broken for gunners; no longer a 1st person perspective, it uses the ship's bearing only...again, takes an enormous amount of "getting used to," but lost now, is the ability to aim cannon from compass during an SvS lag-bombing.
I may be the only one but I'm finding it easier to keep my bearings both sailing-wise and cannoning, especially when transitioning between the two if I'm solo.