View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Yep. Thats my name right there..
Slasher's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant's Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Book Title Participation's Award Patriot Pirate's 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Happy
Slasher is scurvy dog
Sorry guys, I hadn't been on after lots of replies were posted. My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Pirate View Post
I like the idea of using my left hand because I am a southpaw. That simple.
I agree with you so much. I feel its so unfair, us southpaws, we are kinda left alone. I have always wanted to have a left handed pirate. Just those simple things. And of course it would still just be.. Different.

Quote:
I think you are right to suggest that some of these skills could be obtain by completing some quest. I think they, POTCO, have such quests (e.g. grenade upgrade) ready to go along with other content, but can't release them at this time due to several reasons. They are there and always have been because they have this timeline to follow. We have seen the most, if not all, content possible for the first half of our Notoriety which is currently capped at 50. When they decide to remove that cap, I don't think it will be another 10 Notoriety levels for players to master with some minor quests added here and there. It is very likely that we will see it jump by 25 with a major Story Quest added (i.e., The Kraken) to see us through. All sorts of other things will be added to let us continue our adventures.
Yes, I wasn't expecting just to go out of context and add random new weapons, but you can't tell me in every movie, they just only use a strict amount of weapons. There is a endless variety of weapons in all movies. I was also just hoping that even these small things could get the wheels moving. Get things rolling in the right direction. Again, I fully agree with you, just giving my feedback on your feedback... Wait what..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy_Mcwrecker View Post
Instead of just daggers for the knives, I think they should add more types. Balisongs, would be one, for example. They could just flip them open as if it was already in their hand. Coolest Animation, ever. They should also have more fighting options. Like when you use take aim, your should go to first person mode, as if you are truly aiming with your dominate eye open. Especially with muskets.
AMEN! Taking words out of my mouth! Brilliant with the Balisongs. It would just add that flair to the game. I would totally love to have this stuff in. The first person, also, brings in a lot of options. I'd love to see an Mercenaries grimace, a Skeletons undead smile, and the fearless expressions of my fellow pirates, from my own view. It could save a lot on lag. But it would also require quite a bit of revamping, adding crosshairs, setting everything up. Its perfectly possible, though. And I hope it happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Badwalker View Post
Before I say this, I'm not trying to obsess over Skyrim, but I think PotCO needs combat like Skyrim's. What i'm talking about is Two-Handed Weapons, Blocking with a sword, Dual Wielding....(overpowered lol) and many more possiblilities. But i'm just trying to say the combat in PotCO is just boring because all it is is basically just slicing and cutting.
I'm glad you brought in Skyrim. Skyrim has great weapon styles, and it would be just what POTCO needs. Again, in the end actually, its just button timing. Which is hard to get away from, but it shouldn't all be the same tempo. Speed up your jabs, and slow down your blocks. Theres how it should be. I fully agree with you here. Weapon blocking really needs to be increased. Actually, weapon blocking isn't even in the game. I think this goes right along with the sounds. I'd prefer to hear some jabbing noises to someones body than steel hitting steel when I land a hit, and hear a block when I block, not just some icon showing me. Now, this could get a bit out of hand, but it would still be possible. Nothing too gruesome, but still.

Quote:
lol I like my pirate to properly put his weapon away as well as take them out right. My musket should be seen on my pirate's back at all times. He should not stick it into some invisible holster on his left side like a sword. ROFL

When I use a siege charge, dang it, I want it to work like a siege charge would. It shouldn't be a wrecking ball I'm throwing at the enemy. They could call it that instead and that would make sense to me. How it magically shrinks into my grenade pouch I will never comprehend. But as a siege charge, I'd like to place it on the ground while in some stealthy mode [oo new ability] and then set the baby off and watch them, in the words of Woody, reach for the sky!
YES! This is somewhat sad. I guess we just have huge imaginary pockets. I'd really prefer to have something going across my shoulders, holding my pistols and smaller grenades, a great belt with swords, daggers, and other toys, and my bigger pistols and staff on a pack on me, or just on my back. Or even could do a wheeled cart with a chest on it (Think Treasure Island, with Billy Bones) Holding all items. There's endless possibilities. I like dropping it as it goes off. Very smart. Plan huge attacks with it. I'd like to see some storage with this then. Again, there is endless possibilites.

Please guys, keep thinking up these ideas. I wish we could get these to POTCO. I guess now its just hope, pray, and play POTCO and discuss.