View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Mayhem Evermore
Dark_Pixie's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Award 2012 All Site Party Winner's Award Patriot Pirate's 2012 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award St. Patrick's Day 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: JarODirt
Dark_Pixie is well renown pirateDark_Pixie is well renown pirateDark_Pixie is well renown pirateDark_Pixie is well renown pirateDark_Pixie is well renown pirate
Ever experienced an unscheduled GM event?

Just curious. Yesterday I was remembering things that happened in POTCO a while ago, and I suddenly remembered these three unscheduled GM events that happened months ago.

The first unscheduled event (it was also my first GM sighting) I experienced was in mid 2010, when I happened to be in Abassa Tortuga (don't give me that look) looking for a boat, when suddenly I saw Edward Kidd run across the middle of the beach, towards Misty Mire. There were shouts in capitals saying 'GM' or 'EDWARD KIDD'. Everyone started chasing Edward into Misty Mire, and he started asking questions about how the game was, and what we'd like changed. I twigged that he was there to gather feedback, so I gave him some of my suggestions. I even got a compliment from him (I had a screenshot but I can't find it), which said 'Deadly Nightshade - fantastic name for a pirate!'. It was a very nice little event.

My second one was in Andaba Tortuga. It was like overflow Abassa Tortuga that day, but I was there talking with some friends who seemed to like the chaos. I was just about to leave when Edward Kidd appeared again, much to the shock of the Andaba-goers. He stood in the middle of the beach, and said hello. A group of guys came over and said they were EITC, and Edward Kidd started this EITC/pirate battle. The 'EITC' came over and started attacking Edward, and he knocked them all out. :P My guildie, Thunder, was there, and he started attacking Edward for a laugh. He got knocked out too! I did rescue him, though. Edward disappeared soon after the fight.

My third and final one was just after Raven's Cove came out. I was on Abassa, attempting to battle Rage Ghosts with the crowds that gathered there daily. We were doing quite poorly, and were mostly hiding when we saw in the chatlog, 'Loretta Jenkins cries.'. We started getting excited, and saw Loretta's blue glow floating around. We followed her, and we kept briefly seeing her in her true form. We followed her over to the sunken ship near the elevator, and she stood there and told us about her husband's death on the ship. Then a Rage Ghost appeared nearby, and she disappeared. We tried to find her, but she was gone.

Have you ever found yourself in an unscheduled GM event? I must say they're rather intriguing, and bring more story into the game. I guess hanging around on A servers can be rewarding.