View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Blacksmith
Platinum Pirate's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Woot
Platinum Pirate has disabled reputation
I'm aware of the issue. Doing that is a tall order. I don't see the point since there are other pirate games for ex-POTCO players to try out and sail with. Most POTCO players since 2008 have gone on to play WoW mostly. I haven't followed suit though I have been persuaded multiple times to do so over the years. I'm still not interested.

I liked POTCO, in particular, because of the films. As long as those characters do not exist, I'm not interested in any pirate game. The closest thing that I'm having a good time revisiting is their LEGO version. What joy! Thank goodness I bought that two years ago. It may be goofy to most of ya, but once you try it, you'll love it. Sure beats Infinity's!

That's my personal preference that I don't expect others to choose for themselves. Everyone is free to make there choices like all else in life. For those who are pursuing to develop another POTCO copycat game, good luck. Developers need investors. The ones who developed POTCO loved what they were doing and had many ideas to bring to life for us fans to enjoy. But their investors kept demanding an immediate return which some Disney overseer could not guarantee squat that they would. Whoever had oversight botched it every step of the way which ended up being frustrating to their developers, investors, and customers. Thus resulting in the game's closure.

What happened there illustrates the problem with gaming in general. Without patient investors, developers are limited with their creativity. Without paying customers, the game can't even continue to thrive while in the red. It takes a savvy overseer to make it work. That is why some games continue to thrive while others fail to last. And as long as the overseer doesn't lose heart and is passionate of the project, that overseer won't sell it at any point in time.

Let's face it, Mates, Disney intends to buy out their competition. It reminds me so much of the movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, in which a toon bought out the trolley so he can build a freeway through Toontown. They are seeking to Infinitize their competition. Doesn't matter which non-Disney online game each of you decide to play, Lord Mouse seeks to Infinitize it! They will make their toy box version as well as some mobile app. The online game they refer to is not another MMO-type. Its those little arcades Disney members play.

So take heed, Mates, we have borne witness to Who Framed Captain Jack Sparrow? ourselves. We will need to fight back to stop them in their tracks, or sails if you will. Word needs to be spread far and wide: Disney seeks to Infinitize their game. If done smartly, we will bring Lord Mouse to his knees someday. Arrgh, only a true pirate can pull that off. Hardee Harr Harr!