View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Fleet Crusher
CarribeanThunder's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Klingon Award 2012 Pirate Resolution Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Balanced
CarribeanThunder is a pirate wannabe
I agree with you in all aspects of your post. The game used to have such a touch to it that kept drawing me back each time I logged off.

But now, all there is left to do to make this game difficult is soloing the Treasure Fleets. And I'd hate to admit it, but even that has become a simple science for me.

As far as them making the Boss Battle impossible to begin without at least one other player? I'm not even sure if it matters. Last I remember, the Boss Battle was easy even when solo. The only way I could figure in making it difficult is soloing it at a level lower than Lv30.

With the whole glitches-never-being-fixed thing, I also see that such pattern. But not only that, the game has also had a history of some bugs and glitches returning even after they were fixed (let's not forget the whole PVP glitch ordeal). One bug I remember as an example is when a Flagship was crippled, firing Firebrand at it would cause it to instantly sink. This was something that I remember appearing on at least two occasions, one being around the time the EITC Expedition Fleets were first released.

Alas, I honestly can't help but feel like this game is still in some sort of Beta.

With Pirates Online going down for maintenance in a short while, I can only hope it would be for something significant rather than just a minor thing.

Edit: I'm sure someone would have mentioned this too. But I'd be OK with the server downtime too if it was to help free ships that were stuck at sea. Some bug fixes on the side would be nice too though.