View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Knows why the rum's all gone
Lilys's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Animal's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award World Parrot Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 34

My Mood: BanHappy
Lilys is scurvy dog
Departures and Arrivals DOs and DON'Ts

The DOs and DON'Ts to posting in the Departures and Arrivals forum....

DO:
  • Make a thread to introduce yourself or a thread to let us know it's time for you to go.
  • Welcome, greet, say hello, goodbye, farewell to a POF member.
  • Be friendly towards everyone and remember to stay within POF's Site Policy when posting.
  • Stay on topic.
  • Post if you will be gone for 5 days or more.
DON'T
  • Post Personal Information (Real name (first name is ok), age, grade level, personal pictures, e-mail, IM name, D-name, password/account information, location (State is fine), school information)
  • Make a D/A thread for someone else.
  • Post "I think I'm leaving", "I might be leaving", "Should I stay..?", "I decided to stay" threads. Only post when you know you are leaving. These thread tend to come across as attention seeking and will be removed.
  • Post if you will only be gone for less than 5 days. If you are in a guild, a writer for one of the POF papers/newsletters, etc... post in the appropriate thread letting those members know you'll be out for X amount of days. A departure thread is not needed.
  • Post invitations to your guild. This is considered Off Topic/Advertising.
  • Quote the rules to members. This is considered Back Seat Modding (BSM) or Impersonation of an Admin/Mod.
  • Post a belated Arrivals thread when you've been an active member for months.
Most importantly, enjoy getting to know new user and telling those leaving farewell.