View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Blacksmith
Platinum Pirate's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Woot
Platinum Pirate has disabled reputation
Well written and thought out. Kudos!

About the five topics, my thoughts are as follows:
  • Topic One
    It has never made sense to have the Galleon class ever since the Brig class debut. POTCO must have kept it in order for those who purchased them to keep them. I still have my Light Galleon that I started with and those precious memories of those adventures I had with it is why I've kept it. If POTCO eliminated the Galleon type, I'd be mad and let them know it. It's not just preference why players like them, it's also for sentimental reasons.

There is also one key difference the War Galleon has that the War Brig won't ever have: Rear Cannons. They shoot forward of course like the Frigate. The Brig can only shoot sideways. No cannons are mounted at the front or rear that can shoot forward. Is is still worth having, yes. If you know how to sail, you can sail any ship and command the seas easily. Most complain because they have yet to master those skills on their own. They depend on other factors instead (i.e., having a full crew; more firepower; large ship health by default; sailing in a Full server; etc).
  • Topic Two
    I see what you mean. It's not practical as you pointed out. I like them and I'm glad POTCO made them available. Like I pointed out about mastering the sea, a player should know how to fight with such grace. The battle is won before it even started. Most players just click fast, rather hurriedly, and depend on others to win the battle. The worst types are those who need to glitch for convenience/fun or hack to show off. They simply have no respect for the game because they have no respect for themselves. Enough said.
  • Topic Three LOL! Means you stay alive when your health dwindles to 1. Gypsies can still use their Life Drain, they just can't wipe you out. Poor Jolly. Oops Did I give that away? rofl and you sorry types need to God-Glitch...
  • Topic Four
    All enemies, at land and at sea, use to be very aggressive and attacked as soon as you were within range. I love those days. POTCO changed it. Probably to make it more kiddie friendly which according to those God-Glitchers, they're still too difficult to battle. ROFL

Land enemies are designed to attack based on your weakness, weapon or notoriety. They can overwhelm you in large numbers during round ups which are fun doing. Only time will tell if POTCO decides to end that round up practice seeing how they have a tendency to drop into the terrain. They drop in there anyway on their own. Kinda fun to hunt those, especially, during Invasions.

As for those with no health, I finally saw it happened and submitted a Bug Report. There is a work around. Short of a server reset, player needs to log out, log back in, tp to that place if a crewmate is there, and resume the quest. They usually happen during a quest. Player rushes to search before the enemy spawns into action. Some line of code was simply skipped when the program kicked in while the server was still spawning the enemy at a set time. Bad timing I suppose.
  • Topic Five
    I thought it was just my computer's Nvidia that was causing that Pestilence glitch. It was working fine. Then one day, the icon didn't show up. Relogging and clearing cache didn't fix it either. Yet, unable to tell whether it was doing anymore damage or not, from my alt on another computer, I can see those icons and damage working fine. Can't see it at my end but can from my alt's in other words.

As for the Flaming Skull, works fine. The graphics are fine too. Love them in fact.

Thanks again, CarribeanThunder, for sharing your thoughts with us.