View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 01:07 AM
Blacksmith
Platinum Pirate's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Woot
Platinum Pirate has disabled reputation
I agree with you about changing the price. Last year in November I suggested that POTCO should have a third option: Semi Access. Notoriety is capped at 20 or 21 while skills are capped at 10 with rank 3. For about $4.95, a player can enjoy some UA. They can unlock the Dagger and Grenades and make the most of them. Even those, who maxed all their pirates, can purchase SA instead of FA (Full Access). They can use all weapons and war ships as usual.

The only drawback is if at any point they decide to delete one of those four pirates, they can't create another. Must upgrade to FA to do that. It's a fair bargain all things considering. POTCO can place some reminders every time our screen loads to upgrade our account to FA. And for those who have FA and prefer to pay less, SA is offered. Anything but BA is the idea. Those with BA will obviously be offered either SA, or FA to enjoy greater play.

I think more people will be inclined to pay SA readily compared to FA.