View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 06:27 PM
A little girl playing with dolls
Crimson Rose's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirate Resolution Award Riddle Winner's Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award If I Ruled The Caribbean.. Participant's Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Design A Weapon Participant's Award Leap Year Award 2012 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Creative
Crimson Rose is a pirate wannabe
Personally I think that Cuba should be the Spanish privateering base, since it was the main Spanish base in the Caribbean. Have the British capture the present Spanish base and set it up as their own. Three-way battles could be interesting.

However, privateering should not be mandatory. I landed on the French base just to see what it was like, talked to a few NPCs to see if there were any interesting quests, and suddenly I'm a privateer. I didn't even have the chance to refuse. Howcome?

Many days later I was out hunting phantom ships for a quest. I sunk one, then put into the Spanish island for repairs. I talked to no one except the shipwright. As I left the island I discovered I'd been dragooned as a privateer.

I managed to sink another phantom, but I was close to sinking. As I was heading for shore, I was set on by 3 French privateers. I didn't fire back but headed for the closest big island. Made it by superb sailing, only to be told, " You can't anchor, you're in the middle of a battle." No I'm not.

Needless to say they sank me.

Why was I automatically a privateer? Why didn't I have the chance to refuse? Someone didn't think this out fully.