Elizabeth Trueskull's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Design A Rum Logo Participant's Award World Parrot Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Bookworm
Elizabeth Trueskull is scurvy dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza Creststeel View Post
I've pondered on the concept of creating an economy in POTCO and all the elements are already here.

Personal Items (Weapons, Cannon Rams, Potions, Tonics, Garb, etc.)
Building Materials (Steel, Iron, Pine, Oak, Silk and Canvas)
Base Currency (Gold Coins)

So, overriding the entire game is not necessary for establishing an economy.

At it's base level, trading an item for an item or trading items for gold coins is rudementary but functional.

As I've mentioned before adding any kind of crafting skills could allow player to upgrade crude items to rare or even famed with some material and money invested. That item could then be traded or sold. Now you have a functional economy where individuals can produce and distribute.

NOTE: To make crafting even easier for weapons and items, a crude item could be upgraded to an existing rare then up to a famed, like upgrading ship hulls. No NEW items would be created but imagine the bank you could make if you're a blacksmith cranking out Revenant Rams. How much would they be worth to someone who doesn't want to play 2 hours of Cannon Defense?

A lot of this discussion may be coming too little, too late but if Disney wanted they could salvage POTCO. It can be upgraded, overhauled etc. Just a matter if its worth their money and time.

PS - Panos there was a small update over the weekend.

This.

I know this is an old thread but I certainly agree with the crafting idea here. I personally do not like cd nor do I want to play 2+ hours of it to get a rev ram, but if I want it looks like I'll have to do just that. If crafting were put into place, and someone would sell rev rams on that market, atm I have an almost maxed out money bag that I could use on one.