View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Blacksmith
Platinum Pirate's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Woot
Platinum Pirate has disabled reputation
I don't know about the cheat-abuse part of trading, I just see ppl preferring to take more shortcuts to get certain things they don't need to work for anymore being the greatest form of abuse. It will encourage more bad behavior. It will also make any honest pirate question the authenticity of how that weapon was actually acquired by that pirate. You know like those phony Badges ppl wear since Infamy became a feature. You don't know with certainty that they actually battled and defeated the other guy in PvP or SvS. They simply allowed themselves to get beat to spruce up the reps and climb up the ranks. In SvS, they also get some bounty too. So really why allow this wonderful game become more merchant-like and less pirate-like? Why cheat yourselves from playing like a true pirate and really earning that Notorious reputation the tried and true way?

Granted, on the surface of things, it's a nice thing to ideally offer players to trade with each other, but realistically, it goes against what it means to be a pirate in the first place! Go loot and plunder like a pirate. And, demand POTCO to increase our Inventory space so we can stash more stuff we love to keep personally for all the right reasons.

And if you want to still have the option of trading, then maybe it should be stuff you can transfer to your other 1-3 pirates in that same account and no other. I'm sure players would find that more convenient and acceptable since it's all in the family.