View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 01:33 AM
---
Captain Del's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award Summer Party Participant's Award Book Title Participation's Award Patriot Pirate's 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Savvy
Captain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this farCaptain Del must be getting help from Tia Dalma to get this far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia Lightning View Post
I say this, if you are not on the 'ban game' or 'who will be the next poster' then don't speak.......
I'm not entirely sure what your post is trying to say - are you saying that if a pirate doesn't participate in the Activities forum then his/her interaction on this forum isn't as high as those who do? If this is the case, then I believe you brought up a matter that I'd love to address regardless.

While I agree that the activities forum is a great way for pirates to interact and meet new friends (in fact, the Ban Game is one of the reasons why I first joined Partners In Crime,) I do not believe that it should be a pirate's sole reason to be on these forums. As I argued back when the Activities forum was periodically shut down, it's not very good when pirates come on these forums solely to play on "The Ban Game," "Question My Question" or the few other threads that are constantly in the new posts section, as they tend to draw away from the actual discussions that happen in the other parts of the forum. It tends to alienate separate groups of members, (I find that activities threads are usually limited in participation to just a certain dozen members or so,) and as much as I hate to say it, one of the reasons I left playing the Ban Game a few years ago is because I didn't like how it was drawing a lot of people from actual threads and discussions that is what keeps the forums alive.

Do not get me wrong, though. I believe the Activities forum is a necessity in terms of keeping some pirates around on these forums, and we learned that the hard way when some of our oldest members left after it was closed for a time. But even for just the slightest amount of time, every pirate should make the effort to take part in actual discussion, because that's what keeps the entire forum thriving and enjoyable, not just a small section for pirates who don't know what to do with their time. Plus, you'll find that once you really get in to discussing topics with other pirates, it has a lot more fun and variation to it than just repeating "I ban Captain Del for being old!" - and not to mention, it's a great way to make friends