View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 05:30 PM
A little girl playing with dolls
Crimson Rose's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirate Resolution Award Riddle Winner's Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award If I Ruled The Caribbean.. Participant's Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Design A Weapon Participant's Award Leap Year Award 2012 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Creative
Crimson Rose is a pirate wannabe
I voted for more islands. What I really mean by that is that I think some of the existing islands could be developed further.

Havana Cuba was the capital of the Spanish Caribbean possessions, and a major stopping place for ships on their way to their Central and northern South American empire. To find it represented as six shacks, a peddler, a shipwright and a swamp bothers the historian in me. It should be much further developed.

I wonder if the players could be allowed to develop it. Allow players to pay to clear an area, get materials to build a building, hire employees (so their adventurer is free to adventure) then set up a business. Have them receive a portion of the money that flows thru that business from other player-characters. The developers might even consider allowing the player/owner to suggest new items that they want to carry in their store, or even new types of stores ... as long as they are reasonable and realistic. Me, I'd like to open a shoe store. Shoes, not boots. I think the women players at least would appreciate that.

As far as the island of Cuba is concerned, I wonder if the developers could implement an open concept, like some of the smaller wild islands, but on a much larger scale. The creatures to fight would be much less frequent, but would range a much larger area and have a much larger radius for detecting and attacking. Some of the "open" areas such as the Wildwoods feel more like a dungeon than outdoors because of the heavy boundaries.

There could be a couple of special areas, such as a haunted fortress and a cursed village full of zombies, but you have to find them first. (Howcome we have voodoo but no zombies? Zombies were a large part of the voodoo "religion.")

New or improved islands or locations should cater to all levels, not just super-high levels. I get the impression that there are many players who have made it to 50th Rep and decided to start a new character. Don't make them run thru the same tired old dungeons again as they rise thru the ranks.

Crimson Rose

Last edited by Crimson Rose; 01-25-2012 at 09:11 PM..