View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Cyren Chantrest GM of Rat_Pac
CYblade's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Guess The Picture Winner's Award Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award World Parrot Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Amazed
CYblade has disabled reputation
Nice plan Bart! It's always good to change things up a bit. I'm not a big fan of questing much so peeking at my pirate's journal can be overwhelming at times. Trust me there have been times that I'd look at one of my pirates only to see that I'm missing one or all four (Cuba, Tortuga, PR and even PDF) teleportion. The up side= either I've survived because that pirate had numerous friends willing to TP to much needed island or my sailing skills are up there
Here's just some twists I've done with my pirates for the last 5 years:
1). Don't unlock a weapon until every 5 notoriety- meaning off course my pirate will always start with their trusted sword and their lt sloop. Explore away until noto 5 and then off to visit Barbosa to get pistol or if ye can't live without your voodoo doll, then go ahead and quest for yer doll or action figure. At notoriety 10, ye should only have sword, pistol and doll unlock. At notoriety 15, unlock yer daggers. Notoriety 20 unlocks my favorite weapons of all, grenades! Ye can ask most of my friends, and they will tell ye, I've mastered a few pirates rocks aka grenades before notoriety 30 and unlocking staff!

2). And yes by notoriety 30, black pearl quest is normally intact or perhaps at 3%? Some would consider this sacrilegious- what's a pirate life without completing BP by this noto? Well my friends, as Bart said exploring each island yields to plenty of side quests- Skeleton Manifestation, Rott's Quest, etc. By the time I master grenades, or unlock PDF tp, that's when I go on a TP totem quests blitz. What I truly enjoy with Black Pearl quest is pairing up with friends on the same percentage and doing it together. It's more fun that way

3). I like the fact I have options now once ye hit notoriety 30- Raven's Cove and staff quest. Somehow in the middle or working on my weapons and side quests, I try to squeeze in mastering potions also... I know a lot of pirates that can't stand them but there's definitely a reward for mastering potions prior to unlocking RC quest. You can concentrate on RC quest and by the time you help all those poor souls of Raven Cove, ye received burnt staff from Madame Z... Aye it's a level 16 staff but didn't ye know ye can go to any qypsy and buy yerself a curse staff for a few measly gold pieces if yer not too keen on doing the staff quest?

4). What about weapons upgrade? With all the weapons available to us at this time and limited closet space, I put them towards the bottom of my to do list. Only time I would finish them up is if the pirate I'm playing isn't one of my main Unlimited pirates. I get those weapon upgrades done because at least I know I have decent weapons while I'm basic.

Over all, thinking out of the box has helped me find ways to enjoy our beloved game in more ways than one. Sharing the adventure (specially the quests) makes it even more fun and creates lasting friendships and memories.