Thread: Some ideas...
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 06:13 AM
Blacksmith
Platinum Pirate's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Woot
Platinum Pirate has disabled reputation
Recap of all Ten Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalupa View Post
I am making a big list of what I really think potco needs. Post if you agree or disagree with some of these ideas.

1. Ghost ships - similar looking to skeleton ships, orange and red glows, lvls 30-50
2. King sloop, galleon, and frigates - bigger and stronger than war ships
3. Guild Islands - Just small islands that are guild only, buyable monsters and bosses if you want, that only GMs and Co-GMs are able to buy.
4. New Guild Ranks - Grunt, Member(starting rank), Cadet, Veteran, Junior Officer, Officer, Senior Officer, Captain, Pioneer Co-GM, GM. Up to 2 Co-GMs allowed, grunts are members who have a strike against them and such.
5. New Enemies - Need higher leveled Navy, such as a General lvl 40-46 or so, new undead that are higher levels, and EITC
6. New Wild Island - A small island with tough enemies (45+)
7. Kraken - We need this!
8. A More Civilized Cuba - A few more shops and a map in the compass
9. New weapons with new skills. Some of my ideas were a club and maybe a trident an possibly a whip. I can easily imagine a pirate with a club. For trident, I can kind of picture pirates with them. They could make tridents voodoo and melée at same time. s but those woulnt have levels, they would just correspond to your notoriety level.
10. Notoriety cap increase - maybe to 60 and weapons are moved to anywhere inbetween 32-35. This would also be a good time to add in Club which could be unlocked at maybe lv15 and Trident which could be unlocked at either lv40 or lv50. But I am aware of notoriety cap increases should probably be held off until either around peoples April breaks or in late June to get people addicted for the summer
Your ideas are admirable. My comments on them are as follows and very brief:
1) High probability of Ghost Ships being another Special Event whereby they spawn around Raven Cove. Very difficult to sink. Some new story line would be created explaining why this is occurring. Reward could be ship materials.
2) Done! War Brig and Ship Customization
3) Unlikely.
4) Not necessary. POTCO fixed it. Too managerial what you were suggesting.
5) Done! With more to come.
6) Unlikely. Davy Jones won't have it!
7) No kidding. Would work as a Boss Battle for the elusive Chapter Two.
8) This is possible. Tia Dalma has her reasons. Her magic must be one with the elements.
9) Done! A slew of them were introduced. With more to come.
10) Not gonna happen. Too WoW-like. POTCO is more inclined to increase default health/ voodoo points through new features like Bodybuilding. Basically more quality over quantity sort of thing. I have always found that appealing about this game. My pirate masters all weapons and not just certain weapons based on a certain class of species like in WoW.