Has Walked The Plank!
leo's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Screenshot Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Woot
leo is a pirate wannabe
More SvS tips...

First let me say that these tips are mainly about sailing with the crew as they play a crucial part in svs. You always want to be at a position where your crew has it easy to shoot the opponent and your opponent's crew has a bad angle to shoot you. Parallel sailing is common however not the best because it puts the battle in completely in the hands of the crew. As a captain you should place yourself in the gunners position on the ship you are sailing so you know if you are on the wrong position and angle. The best angles or position against your opponent are kind of diagonal from the enemy where your side is not facing the enemy's side but their their rear or front so their crew is vulnerable to shoot you. In other words, your crew has an angle to shoot but theirs doesn't.
This is a vivid explanation of what i mean. Like i said these are just a few(means there is more positions than these) positions and this might not always work depending on your opponents skill and how he/she defends himself. Also it depends on your speed and experience to execute this action.

This is not just in svs but sailing overall. In svs however, this plays a major role in the amount of damage done to your enemy and amount of damage received.
Like i said in the graphic above, it shows which side is more damaged therefore will receive a greater amount of damage from broadsides or crew ammunition. You should use the less damaged hull side to attack/defend and attack the more damaged hull side of the enemy ship.