Thread: Revive POTCO
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 03:29 AM
Co-GM of RoF
J.T.'s Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award World Parrot Day 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Halloween'12 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Stressed
J.T. is scurvy dog
I'm with Platinum on this, but for other reasons. They usually release a special code item ( in this case, Spectral Cutlass ), to go along with some special event. Sword of Triton and Haymaker Pistol came with QAR and the 4th Movie. The Zombie code and Bayonet came along the time of Friday the 13th and Muertos Moon, and the Undead enemy defeating competition. I think Spectral Cutlass shows they are working on something for us. With the Friday the 13th weekends, they've been doing a lot more events, like the last 1, a ghost GM event where a gold code was given.

Another point I'd like to bring up is this. Games in general take a LOT of work to make and operate effectively. I've seen this myself over this summer, how much it can take to put the coding together to make a game. In a class I took, near the end we worked on a game as a class. It took us about 5-6 hours ( 2 class periods ) just to make a single level of a basic 2D game (Space Invaders). We had the background set up, our character moving left and right, without going off screen, 5 missiles on screen at a time, set to disappear on contact with an enemy, or top of the screen, and the enemies set up to move one direction, go down and turn the other way upon hitting the side, disappear when hit with the missile, and end the game if one reaches the bottom of the screen. A lot of what we did we copied to different areas a lot, to make it go quicker. If it takes that long to make a simple game like that, just imagine how long and how much work it takes to make a game like this, and maintain and operate it everyday. (this goes for new content and bugs (fixes), and most any problem from the games side) You have to be patient for new content. If you look on this year so far, they've already added a major update (Ship Customization), which in itself took a large amount of work. They've held numerous GM events and other events (like the 3 Muertos Moons that were pushed out this year for Friday the 13th).

I know people are getting bored of the game and wanting new content, but you have to understand and be patient with them. I remember a few months ago seeing a new island on the map of test server for a short amount of time. People have seen images for the game showing tons of new content that is either being worked on or has been worked on. More will come in time.

Last edited by J.T.; 08-04-2012 at 02:11 PM..