View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Swabby
Mantaraya's Primary Pirate Info

Mantaraya is scurvy dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelsim View Post
Seems about right but you always double down on 11 no matter what. I mean your chances are pretty high of getting something at least close to 21.
In legitimate blackjack, the odds are in your favor to always double-down on 11, but the odds change in a game where the dealer can cheat, based on the algorithm for cheating. I'm guessing that the dealer can't cheat twice in a hand (both your card and his card), but can cheat once (either your card or his card). So for six and below, he can only give you a low card, or give himself the card he needs, so the odds are still in your favor to double down. But if he has seven or above showing, he can usually win the hand by either dealing you a low card or swapping his hidden card for a 10. So IF the dealer is programmed to sometimes cheat when you double down on 11, the odds may change such that you shouldn't double-down on a dealer's 7 or higher.

Did that make sense? We are playing a game where the odds are slightly different than a typical one-deck blackjack table.

I'd love it if someone started collecting data (on all hands) to figure out what the cheating-rate and cheating-triggers are for the dealer.

Mantaraya