View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 06:15 AM
Fleet Crusher
CarribeanThunder's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Klingon Award 2012 Pirate Resolution Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Balanced
CarribeanThunder is a pirate wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
SOTL is basically the only new ship...kingfisher is a war sloop, phantom is a war frigate,...

I personally would avoid adding SOTL to the game until there is proper use for it meaning there being a good enough challenge for it, difficult opponents, etc.
Kingfisher is a Navy War Sloop with Chainshot broadsides.
Phantom is a Skeleton War Frigate with Thunderbolt broadsides.
Cerberus is an Undead War Sloop with Explosive broadsides.
Warlord is an EITC War Frigate with Firebrand broadsides.
Revenant is an Undead War Frigate with Fury broadsides.

No, they're not new ships overall, but they're new ships that may or may not eventually be available for us pirates to buy. Meaning you'll see pirates sailing Warlords.

And in my opinion, the Fleets are a good enough opponent for the Ship of the Line. Especially when lead by the HMS Invincible, EITC Conqueror or HMS Victory. It can hold back a lot of damage, but at the same time, if you're not too careful, you'll go downhill eventually. And the fact that Bountyhunters come at you in a constant stream makes Bountyhunters another good opponent for the Ship of the Line.