View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 03:03 PM
sail with you later!
Littlebell's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2012 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Valentine's Day Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award Pirate Resolution Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: JarODirt
Littlebell is a pirateLittlebell is a pirateLittlebell is a pirate
Question specialized pirates?

i was just wondering if anyone has tried to make a "specialized" pirate. i've seen others do similar things in other games; sometimes they call it being a "pure (name your skill)". i know from the Black Pearl quest that there are some things you have to do with a particular weapon, so you can't get around that and still complete the quest - and there's "the code" for guns. but what about these?
  • blades
    specializing in swords and daggers
    easiest because you start with sword skill and can unlock dagger relatively early
  • munitions
    specializing in guns and grenades
    not so easy because you have to "keep to the code" when it comes to EITC and Navy (and other pirates in PvP? haven't tried it)
  • voodoo
    specializing in dolls and staffs
    hardest to get started since doll doesn't unlock until notoriety 10 (but see below)
  • sailor
    specializing in sailing and cannon
    (obviously not "only" these, as you can't take out critters with cannon)

i was thinking it might be possible to do something weird like master fishing and potions to get started towards voodoo doll, and then try to master doll to reach level 30 and unlock staff. of course, once you'd master those, you'd probably want to (or need to) move on to something else to fully master the pirate.

has anyone though of, or tried (or accomplished?!) anything like that?