View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Blacksmith
Platinum Pirate's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Woot
Platinum Pirate has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
At this point, I don't know why I, or anyone else for that matter, bothers anymore. It's as if we've become the intravenous support to a crippling game gasping for life. The Staff has not only convinced, but solidified my understanding that they no longer care. To juxtapose Pirates Online with other RPGs, Pirates reveals to be nothing more than an mediocrity in the name of content, service, and pricing. Captain Walter not only saw these unsatisfactory and hopeless conditions, but left the Pirates Staff to their serious lack of progression. I am almost embarrassed I spent money on such a waste of time. Pirates Online has seen its days and I am afraid they have gone. The game, in my opinion, should shut down and to any pirate still roaming to fold their flag.

The concept of Pirates Online is this: be glad for the friendships you have forged and I hope that they have remained as such. I have walked away with some of the greatest memories and bonds of friendship that my only regret should be that their fate laid in the hands of such incompetence.

Their reply is as follows, which I'm sure is nothing more than a similar repetition to the countless 'comments, questions, and/or concerns' sent on the behalf of the players.

----

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for your well thought out feedback. I certainly appreciate hearing how
you feel and will pass this feedback along. The people that receive this
feedback do not reply to emails so I’m happy to reply. You have put much detail
into your email to address areas that you are concerned about. We definitely
value this and will review it.

Sincerely,

-
Pirates of the Caribbean Online Member Services
Crim, did I not say that they will forward your reply along? That's all that representative can do with your well-thought out response. It needs to be presented at one of their official meetings which none of us, unless we are employed there, will ever be privy to.

I understand your frustration. But take heart, Mate, and hang in there. You're not alone.

Now, if I may, that representative can answer based on what they specifically wrote in that original reply. Please take a look at it again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Dear Crim,

Thank you for your email, we appreciate hearing from our Players. We certainly
try to have personal emails for every guest that writes to us. I will certainly
pass along all your points to the appropriate people.

I can speak into some of the points you've mentioned. We make updates and
changes to the game according to what we hear as feedback and new additions to
the game. In fact most of the changes that have happened in the game have been
specifically for these reasons. We do rely on guests to actually contact us
regrading issues, questions and concerns as there are many websites out there
that people chat on. So unless they have actually contacted us through our modes
of contact there is no guarantee we will have heard it.

Hacking as you've mentioned is becoming an ongoing problem. We absolutely do not
condone this and Terminate any account caught cheating. Trust me this is an
active daily activity. To help us out please continue to report players you see
cheating in the game.

The updates you mentioned and the Blogs about 'Pirate Admins will never ask for
your information' are in direct response to trends we are seeing. It's not to
insult anyone. Although you are an adult and I know there are adult players,
this game is intended and designed for kids, but we certainly welcome all
players. But we do see kids (and Adults actually) sharing their information
which results in losing their accounts.

Like I mentioned before, I will pass along your feedback, we do appreciate it!
We certainly appreciate the friend you are to many pirates Online.

Sincerely,
-
I know what I would like to address there. I'm not sure how others would care to if they could. That's the whole point of this thread: make a difference. None of us can reply to that ticket. Only Crim can. Through this thread, however, we can express our views and raise questions. So if any other members have their own thoughts, what would they be? Perhaps, your own thoughts may encourage our good and dedicated friend here, Crim, to continue the good fight.

I'll withhold my own opinion until others share theirs.