View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Blacksmith
Platinum Pirate's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Woot
Platinum Pirate has disabled reputation
I had thought along the same lines except make it for PC/ MAC only. I made it a point to send this to Member Services today:

Ahoy!

In what will be, unfortunately, the last time I will be submitting anymore feedback, I'd like to know if at any time did those in charge of POTCO had ever considered to convert this game to PC? Do they realize with a few tweaks here and there, they can make that possible and sell it for those interested, mostly teens and adults, mind you. Infinity is meant for very young kids and will be a much safer environment for them to play with. Online games are wonderful but too many of the wrong types of gamers can ruin the fun. Bugs are one thing to patch with so many hardware configurations out there, but that's simple to address compared to having to deal with really bad eggs.

Anyway, while I'm pirating my heart out with my brother and a few other friends during these last days of POTCO, I keep seeing the possibility that this game can work as a PC game allowing up to 8 or 12 players in multi-player mode to pirate together. One computer in their private network can serve as a dedicated host for better performance. Just a traditional multiplayer arrangement found in other games which may or may not allow the host to tweak certain things that is fitting to their taste. The current online platform is meant for a lot of players and each server has its limitations as to how many actually can at the same time. So the online game version is meant to be large by default.

The PC version would be smaller in scope. I don't know by how much. But I can see how easy it is to shrink it some and allow players to play by themselves or with others they actually know. The privateering islands can be removed for instance. All things PvP in fact can be removed and placed separately in a PvP mode. Report functions aren't needed anymore. Chat system is simpler. Host is responsible for which words are not permissible. I think you get the idea.

The game could sell for $59.99 with the license to install on four computers. Players would still need an ABC/Disney account to activate, register, and manage which four computers can operate the game. Would be nice if I could have my same pirates 'as is' to live on in such a new PC environment. I know I'm not the only one who wishes the same. We would still have up to four pirates to create and play with per account. There's no need to divide Basic and UAs anymore. Selling the game means all UA all the time. Just sell other stuff [like PvP mode] at yer online store to add to the game like you're doing with Infinity. Peddler outfits could be sold. We don't really need those NPCs at the main islands. Certain events can be offered as well for players to purchase, like Jolly Rogers Cursed Moon, Father's Day quest, Treasure Fleet, etc.

I could go on and on. I think you get the gist of it though and there's nothing more for me to add. This was my first online game. I never thought you guys at Disney could ever capture the charm of those pirate films with this online game. Whether you knew you did or not, take it from someone who's been pirating since April 22, 2008, you did. It's a damn shame you gave up on it. And for that reason, this will be my last online game.

This pirate will go down with his ship come September 19th. Thank you for giving it a chance to happen and for keeping it around for as long as possible.

Fair winds,
Billy

I honestly believe it can work and they know it.