View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Bring me that horizon!
Tiberius Fireskull's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Pirate Resolution Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Patriot Pirate's 2012 Award Guess The Picture Participant's Award St. Patrick's Day 2012 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 35

My Mood: Shots
Tiberius Fireskull is a buccaneerTiberius Fireskull is a buccaneer
Even though I am inactive now, I have still been lurking occasionally (that guest you see viewing that thread is sometimes me). I too have noticed a huge drop in activity here, even if I don't sign on but once every few days, and even then for just a short while. Not only that, but I've been seeing a load more goodbye threads as of late than newcomer threads, and plenty more people are going that have not posted. Before I left the game, I noticed a lot more inactivity in it, at least among the group I usually was a part of, mainly consisting of POF members and a few others. It's hard to say whether or not it's the forums, the game, both, or maybe everyone's just sad that I've left (Aye, Tibby's still got a sense of humor. ).

Having left the game, and being the busy bee that I am, I cannot do too much to help at this point, but I will try to make the effort to attend an event here and there, especially if it is hosted by my dear friends. I can easily try to to come and post here every so often, just to give back to the forum that gave so much to me. I hate to see the forum getting quiet, especially after all the fun I had here. I shall do what I can.

As Andrew said, POF is really a fantastic way/place to meet new people. You would be amazed at how many great people I've met through this forum. As I used to say to new incoming guildmates of mine, "If you feel ignored, reach out! We can do plenty to make you feel welcome, but you need to meet us halfway." Post a bit here and there, make new friends, and then we'll have a bright new batch of players, and a bright forum too.

The advice Del gave is great, I'd heed it. As Deadpool said, it's only as interesting as you make it. Now make it interesting, and fun! Sometimes I've found that this place can become more than a forum...